Using Unpacked Mods in Skyrims Data Folder

vivitar131

So I'm absolutely upset right now because I think I may have deleted the data in my Nexus Mod Manager folder awhile back by mistake instead of copying it to a separate hard drive. Fortunately, it appears I saved most of the data under the steamapps\Skyrim file extension, where I can see all my mods unpacked and in their (presumably) ready to use state.

Is there any hope of using these mods, despite not having the zip file for them? I have a playthrough using about 160 of my 250+ mods accumulated over the last 4 years, and I'd rather not have to track down each one, download them, and figure out how I installed them last time to get them working just right.

If everything from those mods is still in your Skyrim Data folder, then you should be fine. They don't need their corresponding zip files in order to work. If you open up NMM or the Skyrim Launcher - Data, you should see your plugins and be able to enable/disable them.

That's simply to check. Open NMM. If there is no Error Message, its all fine, there was no mod deleted. Normally NMM saves all Archives under his own mod Folder. In case you deleted this, but got some active Mods in Skyrim/data left, you simply can repack it to a archive and add it to NMM manually again without downloading (like the backup function, but not so comfortable). Simply use the Foldername as Archivename and put the rest into the archive (Data->meshes/texturers->sound etc).

Edited by NovusIntempest