Why use bow? Cast arrows!

Jiruharudo

Hello everybody!

First off, as you can see and tell, I'm pretty new here..

And I'd have to say I enjoy the loads of mods you guys have posted here.

-But I cannot seem to find one thing I would really love to see in oblivion;

The ability to cast arrows at an opponent.

I've been giving it a shot myself..

..But it kinda ends up being a "Midas Pebbleblast" with arrows that bounce off the poor unsuspecting victem..

-And you'd have to agree it would look far more gruwesome if 10 arrows jab the guy around the same time, leaving him flying against the nearest wall ..looking like a porkupine 'O arrows.

Now I'm pretty new at scripting, so would anyone be so kind to tell me if it would be possible to do this?

-If so, any help would be appriciated..

(edit) And if you (like me) have no clue if it could work, tell me if you like the idea.

Cheers and keep up the Greatness,

Jiru.

(Also; I do hope this is the right topic and that this doesn't piss anyone off in whatever way posible :unsure: )

Sounds like a great idea and to be honest with the stuff that some people manage to do this will b easliy done.

Im at school at the moment, but when i get home i will try and have a go myself.

If i get anywhere i will pm you, but if you find someone to do it can you pm me the link.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies!

-made me feel a whole lot more confident about the idea!

Ofcourse, I didn't think this idea up so other people can be burdend with it, so I'd love to help in any way I can. (I'm truely am not that lazy, just inexperianced.. )

And I did test the archery mod Macmert, twas good, though I simple can't imagine a robed mage with a bow 'n arrows. ^^;

-Had fun using it on other characters though.

And thanks again for your suport Piratemuffin, I will let you know if I find anything suitable.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, sorry for the late-late-late reply.

My old PC couldn't handle the game anymore, but now it's back -and badder then ever!

So yes, I did manage to make arows shoot from your fingertips myself ..but the fact remains is that I would love to see the arrows stick in the flesh like normal arows shot from bows do, instead of them going "poof" like your basic fireball. (or ..bounce off pathetically asif the things where made of rubber..)

-Would look expesionally cool when you shoot 5 arrows at the same time like a shotgun effect. (IMO)

Has anyone tried anything like this yet..?