Flabbergasting scripting issue

LoginToDownload

I've been trying to make a werewolf mod, and that means replacing some vanilla scripts. Because scripts and papyrus fragments are held externally and I don't want to leave a mess when it's uninstalled, I do this by copying the standard werewolf quest and changing all of the properties to point to that one instead. Then I can make whatever changes I want, and none of it will remain when you deactivate the .esp file.

Unfortunately, the old werewolf quest is still running and being triggered by outside scripts when it normally would, and I have no idea why. This quest isn't connected to anything. Its 'users' count is 0. I have no other mods installed, nor have I since I started this save file. Some of the changes I need to make are negative, so it isn't something I can really work around. I have a backup option in just stopping the old quest from the new one, but that seems like it has the potential to get messy fast, so I'm saving it for a last resort. What's causing this madness?

Thanks to all.

Edited by LoginToDownload

Does your new script refer to any global variables? Are there keywords or aliases involved? Are some of your issues related to savegame memory? (Your play-test savegame has recorded information from before you added your mod and is still using the old information.)

Does your new script refer to any global variables? Are there keywords or aliases involved? Are some of your issues related to savegame memory? (Your play-test savegame has recorded information from before you added your mod and is still using the old information.)

The script does indeed involve globals, but unless there's a weird bug with globals it's all property accounted for. It is possible that it's a savegame memory issue, but it would be problematic if everyone installing the mod had the same problem, and only one of the scripts would even have been called before now. Tomorrow I'll run through the game again with the mod enabled from the get-go.

As near as I can tell, both the old and new scripts are running.

Edited by LoginToDownload