it is possible to combine clothes in a armor list?

YanL

I think what you're trying to do is what I have generally done by just adding more copies of an item/list to a levelled item. So, in this case, similar to the way we did it with the armour-and-helmet sets and their varying conditions, you'd set it up to account for what we did there, and then duplicate the five armours that are to be more common.

So, for the first example, make your levelled item for each set (painspike, powder gang, mercenary, &c.), then add all six to the levelled list that the NPC will have in their inventory, and then within that main levelled list (the one that contains all these armours), change the count on the commoner armours to 2 instead of 1, and leave the Elite armour list's count at 1.

For the second example, it's the same procedure but you change the count to 3 instead of changing it to 2, and you still leave the Elite Decanus armour's count at 1.

I've seen this in the vanilla game and done it this way a few times myself. There may be a better way, but I'm not aware of it.