Making equipped weapons have no carry weight

Alright, so I am able to add a new property through the menu, and I select âObject Modâ from the drop down. I put âNoWeightModâ as the name in place of âNew Propertyâ and then leave everything else blank. The property is added, then I single click on the property and select the object mod I made and then save everything and test but the effects arenât appearing in game.

Here, I threw this together, because I suck at giving written instructions (I've always learned better visually, myself).

1. Add Script

MbbKL3l.png

2. Select [New Script], name it "lightweapons" and uncheck all the check boxes.

I5auMYl.png

Ort3geT.png

3. Paste in the code from my other post, click File->Save and then close the window.

roubmKw.png

4. Click the Properties button and add your weightless mod.

omQAIBG.png

That should do it.

~GKX

I see the issue then, for me there are no properties when that menu pops up, I only have the option to create a *new* property. For some reason the creation kit isnât detecting the fact âNoWeightModâ should be a property.

It could be because I didnât make sure everything was unchecked. Iâll try that tonight.

Alright, so it works, at least in the creation of the script.

Using it in game, when I equip the weapon it still has its weight the same but the equip and unequip sound plays at a high rate of fire, making it sound like a hundred typewriters typing at once lol. If I drop the gun it hovers in the air for a second before droping while the cursor text of the weapon flickers. I'm guessing the script is somehow looping something.

If the script is looping unnecessarily, then there's a small trick you could do besides addressing the actual cause. You could introduce a variable, which I always name as "DoOnce" or "RunOnce," and set it to 0 (Type is Integer). Then put the looping code in an If statement (If DoOnce = 0). Right before the If statement ends, set DoOnce to 1 so the If statement doesn't get executed again.

This worked in Fallout: New Vegas, but scripting in New Vegas is much different from scripting in Fallout 4 Papyrus.

This Creation Kit Wiki page may help you in doing this.

So something like this?

Scriptname noweightweapons extends ObjectReference

ObjectMod Property NoWeightMod Auto

Int Property DoOnce Auto

If DoOnce = 

Event OnEquipped(Actor akOwner)

AttachMod(NoWeightMod)

EndEvent

Event OnUnequipped(Actor akOwner)

RemoveMod(NoWeightMod)

EndEvent

Set DoOnce to 1

More like..

Int Property DoOnce Auto

if DoOnce = 0
	    AttachMod(NoWeightMod)
            DoOnce = 1
        endif

EndEvent

RemoveMod(NoWeightMod)

EndEvent

You want to surround the code that loops with the if statement and nothing more. Maybe you can surround Events, but I don't remember. You also never ended the if statement. Personally, I wouldn't use a Property for that, I would use a variable since it's a local thing.. You could declare one by typing "int DoOnce = 0", which also sets it to 0 like it should be

Edited by Shadyfan4500

Trying that script generates this error:

Compiling "Testscript11"...
C:\Users\TJ\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\Testscript11.psc(9,18): no viable alternative at input '='
No output generated for Testscript11, compilation failed.

that might be because you didn't create a variable? If you copied the response I made then that means that you kept the Property, which I recommended you replace with "int DoOnce = 0." I could absolutely be wrong in saying that that might fix it, but that's where I'd begin.

Sorry, should have included what I did.

int DoOnce = 0

if DoOnce = 0
	    AttachMod(NoWeightMod)
            DoOnce = 1
        endif

EndEvent

RemoveMod(NoWeightMod)