'Skyrim Mods Display No1: Horses' released

Ecceau

Hi there,

I just started a video series with each video focussing on a category of mods, called 'Skyrim Mods Display'.

Perhaps somebody gives it a try and can tell me whether he likes it or not. I would really appreciate that!

Here it is:

Thanks a lot in advance!

Edited by Ecceau

Hi there,

I just started a video series with each video focusing on a category of mods, called 'Skyrim Mods Display'.

Perhaps somebody gives it a try and can tell me whether he likes it or not. I would really appreciate that!

Here it is:

Thanks a lot in advance!

By the Nine Divines is this a nicely done vid! lol I think it's pretty impressive, and got me interested in a couple of the mods shown as well! So the main objective of the video, I feel, was achieved. I'll give a little review as well though.

So for the pros:

- It's overall done in a professional looking and sounding way. Where did you get that music? I really like it personally.

- You covered the details of the mods very well, which to me is important. Without seeing the details, a horse mod is just a horse mod. I like to see how it actually works, not a video telling me what it does instead. So good job on that.

- The thing you did with the black background for the Enhanced Horse Skins mod was nice.

- Finally, the fact it's in 1080p is always nice. For me, I don't see it was a requirement at all but a nice option. I personally wouldn't be able to watch the video until 6 hours later with my crap internet lol but good for those who can watch in 1080p.

For the cons:

- I would shorten the intro a bit, it's definitely cool but seeing it everytime can become a little annoying. Of course, you've only done this one video so I don't even know if next time it would've been as long, but just as a heads up. The list of mods shown at the beginning is nice, so I would keep that.

- A few parts of the video, because of in game lighting and such, had hard to read text. Now, keeping in mind that I watched at 480p, that surely plays into it quite a bit but I would put a semi-transparent box behind the text to increase contrast between the actual game and the text itself. Or maybe put a solid black border around the text. Whatever floats your boat and you can do, just a couple suggestions I thought of that might help.

- Segment length could maybe be cut down a bit, Better Horses for example. While it has a lot of features, it was a bit long I thought.

Other than that, I have no other cons for the video. I'm going back in a second to subscribe to your channel as a matter of fact lol So, really well done overall I think.

First of all: Thanks a lot for your feedback! As I said, I really appreciate it, since this was my first video, I'm always open for suggestions and curious whether something is ok or not... and I'm very happy that you liked it, at least for the most part of it... but it's surely not very professional since this was the first time I did something like that, but anyhow: thank you!

On the stuff you asked:

- I got the so called 'royalty free' music from several sites... I should have added them into the credits section! Sorry for that. I will add them to the description.

- yes, some of the text is not readable very well in lower resolutions... next time I will try to enhance this...

- I also considered to shorten the length of the intro, but then I thought as a prelude it would be ok... but to be honest, I was not sure, whether somebody will like the whole thing at all.. therefore I postponed the decision on the intro until I know more.

- After working on the better horses section I also recognized its relatively excessive length, but then I thought it's the biggest of the mods and also very cleanly done, but anyhow, it's great to know another opinion on it!

Thanks again for your time for watching and writing this detailed feedback!

Wow, great vid! I wonder why this doesn't have more viewers!!

This mod video is really different from the other ones out there...

Thanks... I think it's generally hard to get some viewers without being known... but I'm glad about everyone who likes it.

Thanks... I think it's generally hard to get some viewers without being known... but I'm glad about everyone who likes it.

Yes, you're definitely right! But keepin up the good work, will help to get more viewers. I'm waiting for more :)