Skin Color Mix-up on NPC's

EdjeNoh

Skyrim is all fouled up and Bethesda should be ashamed. On the forums, this design flaw is often talked about as "the dark face bug." To fix this, you have to generate new meshes and textures and package them along with your uploaded mod. A lot of work to get around a problem that Oblivion never even had. The process to follow to make your facegen data is sort of like this:

(1) You .esmify the .esp in Wrye Bash and then load it in the CK.

(2) You select all the actors added by the mod.

(3) You press CTRL + F4 to export facegen data. (It takes awhile.)

(4) You .espify the mod again using Wrye Bash.

Skyrim is all fouled up and Bethesda should be ashamed. On the forums, this design flaw is often talked about as "the dark face bug." To fix this, you have to generate new meshes and textures and package them along with your uploaded mod. A lot of work to get around a problem that Oblivion never even had. The process to follow to make your facegen data is sort of like this:

(1) You .esmify the .esp in Wrye Bash and then load it in the CK.

(2) You select all the actors added by the mod.

(3) You press CTRL + F4 to export facegen data. (It takes awhile.)

(4) You .espify the mod again using Wrye Bash.

You don't need to change the esp into an esm file. Just save the changes into an esp file, then highlight the NPCs in the Object window, and export facegen data. Activate the esp when you load up the game, and all the changes will be there.

You don't need to change the esp into an esm file. Just save the changes into an esp file, then highlight the NPCs in the Object window, and export facegen data. Activate the esp when you load up the game, and all the changes will be there.

That is incorrect if you are making a new NPC but correct for editing an existing vanilla NPC.

That is incorrect if you are making a new NPC but correct for editing an existing vanilla NPC.

Actually his method worked for me when I made a new follower. :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

My mod has about 100+ new characters, and I generated their facegen data with my mod as an esp and they all look just fine...