Weird Bug: Frame Rate Drops from 80fps to 10fps when interracting

CaptainChaos

Ok, I have 100+ mods, it's my third play through, and everything was going fairly well until Dawnstar. I am not 100% sure but I think Expanded Towns killed me there. It just kept crashing and crashing, sometimes working great, then not at all, then inexplicably not working at all again.

I sought many remedies and did many things, I can't even remember. I disabled all my mods, turned them on one at a time or so, installed enblocal, changed all kinds of weird settings. Now, everything is working great ... except a bizarre bug. This killed me on Fallout New Vegas also.

I get 80+ framerate on my insanely fast gaming PC (I7, GTX970, 4.0GHz, etc.) even with 2k gfx :) BUT now, suddenly, after all the weird stuff I did, every time I interact with something - a chest, picking fruit off a tree, a vendor, I suddenly drop to 10FPS. And then, if I pick fruit from a different tree, or close the vendor screen and click on t

Ok, I have 100+ mods, it's my third play through, and everything was going fairly well until Dawnstar. I am not 100% sure but I think Expanded Towns killed me there. It just kept crashing and crashing, sometimes working great, then not at all, then inexplicably not working at all again.

I sought many remedies and did many things, I can't even remember. I disabled all my mods, turned them on one at a time or so, installed enblocal, changed all kinds of weird settings. Now, everything is working great ... except a bizarre bug. This killed me on Fallout New Vegas also.

I get 80+ framerate on my insanely fast gaming PC (I7, GTX970, 4.0GHz, etc.) even with 2k gfx :) BUT now, suddenly, after all the weird stuff I did, every time I interact with something - a chest, picking fruit off a tree, a vendor, I suddenly drop to 10FPS. And then, if I pick fruit from a different tree, or close the vendor screen and click on the vendor again, everything is fine. This repeats over and over.

It is as if a switch turns on and off, screwing up FPS for no reason, and then fixing it.

HELP!

Thank you.

he vendor again, everything is fine. This repeats over and over.

It is as if a switch turns on and off, screwing up FPS for no reason, and then fixing it.

HELP!

Thank you.