Visor mod!!!

NCRsoldier

I didnt tried to make it 100% realistic, I tried to make it fun, its fun to see those things, the more details make you feel its realistic, your method of 100% realism can make it fun too but less. skyrim is a video game that is suppose to be fun and I wanted to make the mod to help skyrim on its goal. I agree its not realistic but like I said its fun (too much fun in one post dont you agree)

Actually, I am speaking both from realism AND fun. This is one of those ideas that SOUND fun at first (Having the full blocking of the front helm's design) but in practice will be a claustraphobic mess after the first hour that strains eyes. The idea of making the corners and noseguards the main reflections of the helmet being worn opens up your vision more, causes less eye strain, and gets less annoying far less quick.

How do I know? I helped with this same kind of mod back in Mount & Blade, and the full screen design lead to my aforementioned problems, so we ended up clearing it up on the edges some as I just mentioned which helped A LOT

well I said I am bad at those things,you say you have experience so make theme, me doing these stuff will be a waste of time, not only the fact that it will get ugly but also the fact that I dont know how to apply these on the game

I didnt tried to make it 100% realistic, I tried to make it fun, its fun to see those things, the more details make you feel its realistic, your method of 100% realism can make it fun too but less. skyrim is a video game that is suppose to be fun and I wanted to make the mod to help skyrim on its goal. I agree its not realistic but like I said its fun (too much fun in one post dont you agree)

Actually, I am speaking both from realism AND fun. This is one of those ideas that SOUND fun at first (Having the full blocking of the front helm's design) but in practice will be a claustraphobic mess after the first hour that strains eyes. The idea of making the corners and noseguards the main reflections of the helmet being worn opens up your vision more, causes less eye strain, and gets less annoying far less quick.

How do I know? I helped with this same kind of mod back in Mount & Blade, and the full screen design lead to my aforementioned problems, so we ended up clearing it up on the edges some as I just mentioned which helped A LOT

well I said I am bad at those things,you say you have experience so make theme, me doing these stuff will be a waste of time, not only the fact that it will get ugly but also the fact that I dont know how to apply these on the game

I'm no scripter myself, and haven't played M&B in over a year. You works were damn good, do not put yourself down.

the thing is that I am worried is to do this mod with jpg files what I did so far, there is a chance that doing this mod need another method (maybe from the CK directly) and my work will go to the trash. I will look up for it and make you updated

note to myself: do not write reply too fast, I need to check my grammar first

Edited by NCRsoldier

• 5 weeks later...

Picking up on NCRsoldiers conceptual design:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/images/3455973-1338976582.jpg

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/images/3455973-1338977363.jpg

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/images/3455973-1338977527.jpg

I look forward to seeing you develop this even more mate, this could get really interesting. I know you say this is for fun, but my goodness, if you worked at it for RL then to see it in action would be pretty insane!

how did you do that? you have to teach me.

now I see that my designs are not so good. I will be glad if you will improve theme, and even more if you will release it.

If you want me to help with the mod just pm me.

and seriously: is that real footage of the game with the mod, or its simply a screenshot that you only put the "design" at? (I cant even call my bad drawing a design, seriously they are s****)

Edited by NCRsoldier

I simply used a program called PAINT.Net to overlay your concept drawings over screenshoots I had taken. I am unable to do mods, it is way beyond my skills but I am hoping somebody can pick the idea up and make a move on it for us. :)

PS. You created concept designs, it doesn't have to be Da Vinci like. What you did was perfectly suited to it's aim and that is to show the concept of the whole idea. You work is good enough by all means, someone who can create the mod can now go forward and produce more detailed designs, and make whatever changes are necessary. The best end products go through many design changes and evolutions before being worked on in code but they all start in black and white drawings so don't feel what you did was inadequate. After all, you might have given someone the first layouts that he/she now no longer needs to research. ;)

Edited by ProjectVRD