Visor mod!!!

NCRsoldier

I have no idea how to do those things, basically iam bad at photoshop . I think the reason that no on have worked on it its because there are so many helmets and its hard to work on each one, so I think I will focus on the ebony helmet which is my favorite and stop there

lol I meant like actual drawing on paper with a pencil. What I would do it look at the design of the eye holes in the helmet, and try to draw out what it would look like from inside the helmet. I could do some drawings and send it your way, then (if you like them) you can out them on here or do what you want with them

no can do, my drawing skills are worst than 5 year old boy. drawing isnt my good side, even something easy as you say is hard for me. I know you going to laugh about my drawing skills and my english, but come on everybody suck at something

well it's just to get the concept down, not really judging you on how talented you are for your skills in drawing. But I understand that not everyone has a talent for drawing, but like I said, this isn't really going for talent, but rather a concept of what it would look like. And again, if you want, I can draw up designs and then send you the pictures?

EDIT: So I just finished the basic armor helmets (Leather - Daedric). Very basic drawings, nothing too detailed, but it's just the concept of what it (might) look like through the helmets if this mod were made. Would you want me to attempt to send you pictures through a private message?

Edited by Kry11ic

finished the steel plate and ebony:

there are about 16 more visors except those two (there are more helmets but some of theme dont have a contatct with the eyes like the fur helmet or helmets that no one is going to use like the falmer helmet).

and one more thing: how do I apply this to the game

Edited by NCRsoldier

finished the steel plate and ebony:

there are about 16 more visors except those two (there are more helmets but some of theme dont have a contatct with the eyes like the fur helmet or helmets that no one is going to use like the falmer helmet).

and one more thing: how do I apply this to the game

I wish I knew :\

Maybe a tutorial online? Or the Creation Kit Wiki?

I have done some more:

from left to right: theives guild, nightingale, blades

left to do: wolf armor,ancient nord armor,dark bortherhood, guard helmet (we need to apply to every kind),imperial full helmet and officer, elven ,glass,dragonscale ,dragonbone ,iron, steel (there are 2 kind of the normal steel), dwarven and orcish. good luck to us

Edited by NCRsoldier

The only issue I have ever had with mods like this is... in RL you lose something when putting on a helmet that you NEVER have in video games even when bald and bare headed, Peripheal Vision

Edit: Just thought of something to balance this out.

Thought of exapnding those visor images so that there is no black edging all around, but the main telling details (Like the Visor slit) are skirting the edges partially to give the FEEL of the helmet, without the annoying claustrophobia? As well as have noseguards be a thin, blurred line in the center of your vision? (Like when you hold your finger between your eyes, it becomes a thin, blurry slit)

Edited by DamienLZ

The only issue I have ever had with mods like this is... in RL you lose something when putting on a helmet that you NEVER have in video games even when bald and bare headed, Peripheal Vision

Thought of exapnding those visor images so that there is no black edging all around, but the main telling details (Like the Visor slit) are skirting the edges partially to give the FEEL of the helmet, without the annoying claustrophobia? As well as have noseguards be a thin, blurred line in the center of your vision? (Like when you hold your finger between your eyes, it becomes a thin, blurry slit)

I didnt said those are going to be in the final version, I am not even sure there will be a final version. you guys just asked me to create drawing of how it suppose to be and I did it. its only a test so don't expect a lot from it.

and thanks for noticing those things, didnt thought about that the noseguard is suppose to be more thin.

I didnt said those are going to be in the final version, I am not even sure there will be a final version. you guys just asked me to create drawing of how it suppose to be and I did it. its only a test so don't expect a lot from it.

and thanks for noticing those things, didnt thought about that the noseguard is suppose to be more thin.

Basically, just make the design with your hands, or a paper cutout, and hold it to your face to get an idea of what I mean. You'll notice that the slit visor will not normally be visible on the sides or top, and only really visible at the corners. Paper cut outs work wonders for envisioning. Good work none the less

I didnt tried to make it 100% realistic, I tried to make it fun, its fun to see those things, the more details make you feel its realistic, your method of 100% realism can make it fun too but less. skyrim is a video game that is suppose to be fun and I wanted to make the mod to help skyrim on its goal. I agree its not realistic but like I said its fun (too much fun in one post dont you agree) Edited by NCRsoldier

I didnt tried to make it 100% realistic, I tried to make it fun, its fun to see those things, the more details make you feel its realistic, your method of 100% realism can make it fun too but less. skyrim is a video game that is suppose to be fun and I wanted to make the mod to help skyrim on its goal. I agree its not realistic but like I said its fun (too much fun in one post dont you agree)

Actually, I am speaking both from realism AND fun. This is one of those ideas that SOUND fun at first (Having the full blocking of the front helm's design) but in practice will be a claustraphobic mess after the first hour that strains eyes. The idea of making the corners and noseguards the main reflections of the helmet being worn opens up your vision more, causes less eye strain, and gets less annoying far less quick.

How do I know? I helped with this same kind of mod back in Mount & Blade, and the full screen design lead to my aforementioned problems, so we ended up clearing it up on the edges some as I just mentioned which helped A LOT