ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Can my PC handle Skyrim?

GuitarHeroNL

Hello all, since 30 minutes im a happy owner of the game Skyrim, so i started the game, activated the game and made a steam account, but if i start the game, everything is realy laggy and its allmost impossible to play it this way, the video settings are on low, i used Game Booster, but nothing seems to work... This is my laptop:

http://www.specsbox.com/367/toshiba-satellite-c660-laptop-specs.html

It has a i3 processor, windows 7 Home premium 64 bit, 4 GB of RAM, and a 2,5 '' 640 gb HDD, i had by far enough space when i installed it...

Please help me out, there must be a way that i can play the game without lag, my pc isnt that old you know... Even if the PC does not have the required hardware, tell it to me because than i just throw the game away... Such a waste of 50 euro... I checked the site of Bethesda before buying, and i thought everything was ok and that i had the required specs.

P.S, sorry for my bad english... Im from Holland...

EDIT: Some specific specs of my pc:

type : Intel® Core™ i3-370M Processor

speed: : 2.40 GHz

Front Side Bus : 1066 MHz

3rd level cache : 3 MB

Edited by GuitarHeroNL

Unfortunately, Skyrim is a fairly demanding game and the specs you have won't really work well. From the description of the laptop, it's designed for everyday use, not gaming. Sadly, you probably have bought a game you won't be able to use for a while.

It looks like you may have integrated graphics, and not a discrete card. This would cause the game to lag.

You can also look under settings within Skyrim, and turn down some of the graphics settings, that may help.

The performance on the game is more dependent on the graphics card than the processor.

Edited by Chiguy20002

The only way i can play is to play not in full screen, but on 1/6 part of my screen... thats not the way i want to play, if there is no solution, ill just sell it for 15 bucks...

Sell it then, you're computer barely passes minimum requirements and passing those just means that you can actually run the game without it crashing on start-up...