Flickering objects

Fallenxx

Hello , When I play oblivion , I have everything maxed with qarls texture pack and 8aa with hdr (aa forced through ccc) anyway when i look objects such as rocks or the imperial city even from a close distance and move at the same the outlines of the objects flicker like crazy and it looks like the lines are racing everywhere on the outlines of the object and it flickers horribly , i tried disabled aa and hdr and it didn't work , any ideas , its really un bearable

Video Link *Watch in 1080p to see it best.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yICWuJPPng&feature=plcp

Edited by Fallenxx

do u have any mods that have bloom / hdr effects?

what gfx card do u have? does it have the latest drivers?

i have an nvidia card and it has the option that i can add effects to selected games, maybe u did something like that too and forgot about it?

and did you change / add values in your .ini files?

post your results i hope i can help u further

Hey , thanks for the reply , at the time of the video I had a modded ini , heavily modded with godrays , I recently did a completely fresh install of oblivion (No mods or ini tweaks , just vanilla maxed oblivion) , turned on 8aa in the catalyst control center , first it was edge detect aa then normal , still did the line flickering , not to mention the hdr bright glows that you see on objects i cant explain it like when you look at an object and you see its bright because of hdr , well that flickers too , I actually toned it (line flicker) down a bit by enabling super sample aa , now it doesn't happen as much and don't happen really at all when i move forward , but when i move side to side it still happens >.< . I also have latest drivers *Catalyst 12.4*

Specs :

AMD 6970

i7 2600k

PS: I also get it in fallout 3 but its so much worse , its on every object , the only thing that gets rid of 80% is 4x SSAA supersample.

I really hope its not an issue with my gpu

can you try to disable all aa effects in the catalyst control center and in the game options and disable hdr / bloom too and then test? if then it is ok, go and try step by step to add your desired settings one by one, so u add 1 setting, start the game, if its ok add next setting, and so on, and then maybe u can find out step by step why u get the flickering? post again when u did some testing, good luck

Ok tested it as soon as i enabled bloom the light flicker started , but the more aa i add and the better quality , it stops the line flicker on closer objects but it still happens to distant , and i never thought of enabling AF , i was always complaining about mip-mapping and wow my game looks so much better , right now i have 4aa Super sample , 16AF , hdr , light flicker is moderate but bare able , just used 8 super sample and it gets better ( line flicker)but it still does it when i move side to side and look at the white gold tower and i then tried 8eq supersample aa and my gpu lagged a bit (seriously .. on a 6970 ik)mabye getting 20 frames, it still was there , but what im concerned about now is more of the light flicker then the lines because the lines are bare able and it really only happens on the white gold tower and with 8 ssaa its barable but the light flicker is super annoying Edited by Fallenxx

Whoops forgot to mention , when I enter the Imperial City , the line flickering is everywhere , even if the building is 2 feet in front of me. I honestly don't know why , its really pissing me off , when I am done re-installing oblivion , i'll have to check other cities to see if its happening there also. :sad: