Looking for advice on playing Morrowind after Skyrim

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to play the game. I know the plot roughly, as I did some research to understand Skyrim (not that it was really relevant) so if it is necisariy, anyone kind enough to help me can reference the plot. I will write out my questions in a numbered format below, but I don't mind any deviations from them (after all, beggars can't be choosers!).

I would recommend taking a look at this page Starting Out UESPWiki it contains some good hints for starting your game, and the site as a whole is an excellent resource for when you get stuck.

• 5 months later...

My most useful piece of advice is this: the first thing you should do in your game is get The Boots of Blinding Speed and a spell to help you equip them without going blind. The running speed in Morrowind is abysmal and the walking speed (which is what you will want to be doing in battle in order to avoid having no stamina and being unable to do power attacks) is even worse.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what the developers were thinking when they made movement speed so slow.. I consider myself a patient person and I could barely deal with how slow you move in Morrowind. Especially after playing games with reasonable movement speeds like Oblivion and Skyrim.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Some more advice (yay for kicking old topics): there are interesting items to be looted/gained at low lvl.

Mentor's Ring: gives +10 to intelligence and +10 to Willpower. Can be found in the cave northwest of Seyda Neen. You'll have to beat 2 ancestor ghosts or 1 ghost + skeleton and bring a probe to disarm the urn the ring's in. Ghost(s) can be beaten with fire damage and silver weapons. There's a Scroll of Hellfire there as well, I suggest using it on the skeleton, because that sucker hits hard.

Denstagmer's Ring: gives 30% resistance to all three magics (fire, frost and shock, so NOT magicka). Can be found in the cave northwest of Gnisis (just swim to the other shore of the small river running behind the silt strider, get on land and immediately swing west. The cave's door is near the water). If you're lvl 3-ish the enemies are weak, with a scamp as hardest opponent, use either fire magic or a silver weapon on him.

* The Ice Cap: a nifty light helmet which gives you 30% Frost resist. Is worn by a naked and paralyzed barbarian west of Ald'Ruhn. Have a cure common disease spell or potion at the ready and he'll give it to you.

** Boots of Blinding Speed: light armor boots which give you +200 speed, zing! Worn by a breton female on the road from Caldera to Maar Gan (west-northwest of Caldera).

* Useless if you're a Nord.

** It blinds you unless you already have some resistance, be it natural (breton, orc) or enchanted (but I can't see how you'd do that at low lvl).

Edited by Moredhel