A question about movement speed....

Hiya,

If a mod changes the default movement speed of NPCs (including the player) and then locks the NPCs to run and walk at the player's pace, does this then mean if the player adds an effect (spell, Wuld shout, potion etc) that modifies the player's speedmult...that every NPC in the game is going to suddenly have that extra effect?

I would guess that it depends on how that mod works

but I don't think anyone would make a mod that dynamically changes the movement speed of NPCs (that sounds like a rather heavy script , for basically no real reason)

if you want to be sure , please leave a link to the mod in question , it would help us verify this

I shouldn't post on not enough sleep. I figured out my confusion....

This was the mod in question:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3422

I suppose I could have just downloaded it and run some tests rather than asking *blush*.

Anyhoo, I was confused about the Description which reads: "It's a reasonable mod, for the reasonable gamer. It simply alters player and NPC movement speeds to make them more realistic, and makes NPCs move the same speed as the player."

---

Because I'm pretty new to the whole modding thing, I was wondering how this implemented in game. If it's a default value applied to all NPCs and the Player, then to my understanding these small edits would be global -- every NPC mob with legs would start at these speeds. But when he said "makes NPCs move the same speed as the player," I slipped into a literal understanding....and was worried the mobs would be gaining any multipliers the player had in effect as well. That's clearly not the case, because those would be modding the speed *multiplier* (I think) and not changing the default values the way this esp does.

Sorry, I think I just put too much mental emphasis on the words "makes NPCs" for what the mod author probably meant. Thirty years of speaking English as a main form of communication is still not always enough to get it right the first time ;)