When Women Were Warriors

Henrydylan

Hi all, Interested in a great Sword and Shield adventure similar to Skyrim? I discovered these books first on the Kindle. I quickly found myself deeply engrossed in this fascinating tale. I finished the first book and couldn't wait to read the next two. It's set in the bronze age where, according to custom, women from evey house in the land must leave home on their 16th birthday and travel to the local fortress, ruled by the Lady Merin, to become an apprentice warrior. Young Tamras has dreams of becoming a great warrior like her mother before her, who fought along side the Lady Merin in past conflicts, becoming close shield-friends. Alas, young Tamras is bitterly disappointed when she is assigned instead as a lowly companion (skivvy) to a strange warrior, Maara, who no-one really likes or trusts, because she is an outsider from a foreign land. But as time goes by they become close friends as Maara takes Tamras under her wing and they experience many adventures and battles together. This is the story of how a naive 16 year old girl becomes a great warrior and leader. This story will take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions from, love,excitement, betrayal, treachery, anger, and jealousy, all while fending off raids from enemy tribes in a very inhospitable land .

Warning: Lesbian themed content.

Highly recommended reading. "When Women Were Warriors" by Catherine M Wilson is available for download (Kindle) or paperback from Amazon or shieldmaidenpress.com

Edited by Henrydylan