ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Ultimate Individual Weapon Smithing

RightNow0815

Dear Community.

I am a loving Skyrim player since the first days. Like also in many other games, there's a great tradition for me to be an 'using' part of the modding community. I'm trying many mods and I'm mostly impressed of the creativity.

But I do not have any knowledge about modding. It is something I like when it's finished, but I have no talent to bring my ideas to a result.

So after hours of talking ;-) here's my idea:

I found it boring, that Skyrim does not allow you to individualize your Weapon. I dreamed of an enhanced Crafting System:

You first melt/forge/craft the shaft. Then you create the blade. And then you choose a special style additional to the chosen ingot/material.

The clue is, that for instance when you create a short wooden shaft for your steel axe, it has already the attributes of short range, but higher frequency and less stamina cost. Then you add a small blade (I'll purpose 3 of each kind for each weapon type) and the result is a small axe with short range, high frequency and not that much stamina cost, small damage and significantly reduced weight.

Example 2, now with the different bow types.

You have the following bow components:

Bow structure: a tense one, a middle one and a soft one. The tense one offers great projectile speed, high damage but high stamina cost while slowly pulling. The Soft one offers high frequence and no stamina cost one the one hand, on the other hand the arrows are slower and don't inflict much damage.

Arrows:

1) arrowhead: Better materials= higher damage, but the Shape with the most damage is the heaviest. A small wooden arrowhead offers small damage and armor penetration but high speed. They are also not precise on long range.

A high end dragonbone arrowhead in a deadly shape ( for ex. with barb) is flying constantly and precise, although it moves slower and is more expensive to craft.

2) the fletched end: there are 2 different types. One expensive end built out of feathers you have to find in the wilderness and a cheap one made out of leather pieces. The differrence is again simply quality.

Example 3:Daggers

Daggers possibly have only two components:

The shaft: one with a great handling increase, very fast but costing much stamina.

The other one with a plus on block, slower attack and almost none stamina cost.

Then the Blade: A stiletto style blade with low damage and high frequence...

and a double wield knife blide, dangerous not only when stabbing, when cutting, too. It offers great damage, same frequency but more stamina cost.

I do NOT want to a certain dagger to be stronger than a warhammer is. I just want to give the weapons a more individual style.

This is a prototype of an idea.

If anyone likes my idea, let me know so I am motivated to carry on thinking and will create a percentage value table.

If you want to change or add anything, feel free to let me know.

If not, f*** it and I will return into the darkness of the "I'm-only-using-mods-but-do-not-have-the-willpower-to-create-one"-abyss.

With best regards, Bobby.

PS: maybe my idea is also compatible with some armor aspects. Why not... would be f***ing awesome.

Edit: There's the need of a Graphic-Designer, who can put the ideas into a nice appearence. Also someone who has acceptable knowledge on medieval weapons can help us anytime ;-) . Let's see how far we can get with this project.

Edited by RightNow0815

This is a great idea. I've been making my own crafting mod for myself cause i was tired of other peoples mods not having what I want. After reading this i really want to start over and make this :P

I could see many cool things in this mod such as a weapons assembly bench where you take the different parts of the weapons and put them together to create the full weapon. The assembly bench wouldn't be needed but would add a little realism feel to it.

One problem I see is that since their are so many different items the crafting menus would be filled with tons of items. Its not a big problem but people with OCD like me would die for something a little more organized XD. Plus that assembly bench would probably clear up the crafting menus a bit.

I would love to try to make this mod but the only problem is that I am not a mod creating expert... I know my way around the creation kit fairly well but if anything comes down to scripting with papyrus I am instantly shot down. I think the mod would most likely consist of creating a ton of new recipes and items. You could also delete all the old recipes for weapons/armor if you want to completely redo the entire crafting system. You would also have to make 3d models for the different parts of the weapons. You could probably just take other weapon models and delete the parts you don't want but i have no idea about that cause i have no experience with creating new items like that.

Also I have a question, you say that you would craft different types of handles and such. Would the handles be universal for making swords and you are able to just attach a steel of ebony blade on top to make a steel or ebony sword or would you have to make the handles and other smaller add-ons to be made out of the same exact metal you are using to make the sword? i don't know if that made sense but what ever.

Anyway I think you should keep on coming up with ideas for this mod and come up with that percentage value table. I am curious to see more

*Edit* Ok after writing this and thinking about the mod i decided that i would make a quick test mod that would be just maybe one weapon that you can craft from different parts. I'll let you know how it goes when I finish :P

Edited by bluesmurph

Dear Community.

I am a loving Skyrim player since the first days. Like also in many other games, there's a great tradition for me to be an 'using' part of the modding community. I'm trying many mods and I'm mostly impressed of the creativity.

But I do not have any knowledge about modding. It is something I like when it's finished, but I have no talent to bring my ideas to a result.

So after hours of talking ;-) here's my idea:

I found it boring, that Skyrim does not allow you to individualize your Weapon. I dreamed of an enhanced Crafting System:

You first melt/forge/craft the shaft. Then you create the blade. And then you choose a special style additional to the chosen ingot/material.

The clue is, that for instance when you create a short wooden shaft for your steel axe, it has already the attributes of short range, but higher frequency and less stamina cost. Then you add a small blade (I'll purpose 3 of each kind for each weapon type) and the result is a small axe with short range, high frequency and not that much stamina cost, small damage and significantly reduced weight.

Example 2, now with the different bow types.

You have the following bow components:

Bow structure: a tense one, a middle one and a soft one. The tense one offers great projectile speed, high damage but high stamina cost while slowly pulling. The Soft one offers high frequence and no stamina cost one the one hand, on the other hand the arrows are slower and don't inflict much damage.

Arrows:

1) arrowhead: Better materials= higher damage, but the Shape with the most damage is the heaviest. A small wooden arrowhead offers small damage and armor penetration but high speed. They are also not precise on long range.

A high end dragonbone arrowhead in a deadly shape ( for ex. with barb) is flying constantly and precise, although it moves slower and is more expensive to craft.

2) the fletched end: there are 2 different types. One expensive end built out of feathers you have to find in the wilderness and a cheap one made out of leather pieces. The differrence is again simply quality.

Example 3:Daggers

Daggers possibly have only two components:

The shaft: one with a great handling increase, very fast but costing much stamina.

The other one with a plus on block, slower attack and almost none stamina cost.

Then the Blade: A stiletto style blade with low damage and high frequence...

and a double wield knife blide, dangerous not only when stabbing, when cutting, too. It offers great damage, same frequency but more stamina cost.

I do NOT want to a certain dagger to be stronger than a warhammer is. I just want to give the weapons a more individual style.

This is a prototype of an idea.

If anyone likes my idea, let me know so I am motivated to carry on thinking and will create a percentage value table.

If you want to change or add anything, feel free to let me know.

If not, f*** it and I will return into the darkness of the "I'm-only-using-mods-but-do-not-have-the-willpower-to-create-one"-abyss.

With best regards, Bobby.

PS: maybe my idea is also compatible with some armor aspects. Why not... would be f***ing awesome.

Hey man. I just made a quick test to see how it would go and it feels pretty cool. I worked withe the war-hammer and made 3 handles (Long, Short, Normal) and 3 hammer heads (Heavy, Light, Spiked). The game already has models for broken weapons so i just took the broken steel war-hammer handle and head and used those models for everything.

Handles:

Long - longer range, slightly less speed, a little more weight

Short - shorter range, slightly more speed, a little more weight

Normal - (this one is kind of the neutral) If you didn't want any affects this just adds no positive or negative effects

Hammer Heads:

Heavy - more weight, less speed, more damage, a little more stagger, and a little more critical damage

Light - less weight, more speed, less damage, a little less stagger, and a little more critical hit chance

Spiked - (this one is kind of the neutral, it adds very small benefits but no negatives) adds 1 more to damage, adds 1 more to critical damage, a little more stagger, and a little more critical hit chance

This is what I came up with and I made a weapon for every combination possible. and for the crafting I tried to stick close to the actual recipes for the weapon when making the handles and hammer heads but i made it seem more realistic (more steel for heavy, less for light). It all worked out pretty well. I never tried hitting any monsters with them yet but i liked it for a test run.

I could make this mod for you if you wanted to do the different effects of the handles/blades part (I'm not very good at that part and it is your mod :P). Just reply to this topic or message me and we can talk about it. I really like the idea and want to hear more about your idea and i want to make it come true! :P

Dear bluesmurph, it's great to hear positiv feedback ;-)

Firstly I have to thank you very much for the time you've already spent.

It would be nice if the different Warhammers, daggers etc differ from each other. So the huge battle blade maybe could get a slightly different style, because only a scale-growed similar-looking would be boring. Just an idea.

Then, let's continue with the statistics I started in the next post. I added some interesting things to the some components.

Go through it and let me know, if you want to criticize something.

My today's goal is to finish the 2H- Weapons.

The following post will include all Weapon statistics which are added in the future.

@bluesmurph, if you would like to get some support in your modding activity, feel free to spread our idea.

And hell yeah, it would be awesome if I could add you in my little team! ;-)

Edited by RightNow0815

I skiped school today (;-) so I am going to complete the missing 2Handed weapon stats. Maybe every weapon class (warhammer, battleaxe, greatsword...) should get a lil' malus and a bonus. But first let's complete our attribute tables.

My summarized statistics refer to the standard value.

WEAPON CATEGORY: TWO-HANDED WEAPONS

Warhammers and Battle Axes have the same Handles.

Warhammer Component statistics

Handles

1) The long Handle gives you a 40% bonus on weapon range, while getting a malus of 25% on attack speed.There is a little more weight to carry and a bit more damage absorbed when blocking.

+40%Range/+20%Block <-> -25%Speed/+20% Weight

2) The medium handle offers a totally average stat without great changes. Maybe there should be a bonus on blocking.

+30%Blocking <-> -5%Damage

3) The short handles adds a bonus of 30% on attack speed, while reducing the range by 35%. It weighs less and has a small malus on blocking.

+30%Speed/-15%Weight <-> -35%Range/-20%Block

Hammer Heads

1)The heavy hammer head is freaking massive, inflicting 25% more damage and 20% more staggering. But it weighs more and has less attack speed, reduced by 35%.

+25%Damage/+15%Stagger/+15%CriticalDMG <-> +30%Weight/-35%Speed

2)The spiked hammer head is average concerning all aspects. It has a 2% chance to paralyze the enemy.

+2%paralyze chance <-> -5%Damage%All

3)The small hammer head gives you 35% more speed while inflicting by 25% reduced damage. You do not stagger that offen.

+30%Speed/-30%weight <-> -25%Damage/-25%Stagger

Battle Axe Component statistics

Handles:

Similar to the Warhammer handles.

Axe Blade

1) The great Blade has 20% more damage and a bonus of 10% to inflict critical damage. It weighs more and sways slowly, but adds slightly more range.

+20%Damage/+10%Chance-Critical/+15%Range <-> +30%Weight/-30%Speed

2) The standard Blade offers average statistics. There is a little chance of 4% to cause double damage.

+4%chance 2xDamage <-> -5%Damage

3) The small Blade is lighter (25%) and has a better handling. There's a malus on damage and critical hit damage.

+30%Speed/-30%weight <-> -10%Range/-25%Damage/-15%CriticalDmg

Greatsword Component Statistics

Hilts:

1) The defensive Hilt offers a 40% bonus on blocking, because it has more protection. This one is kinda heavy...

+40%blocking <-> +10%Weight

2) The aggressive Hilt has +20% Damage when doing a heavy attack, but it slows you down.

+20%HeavyAttackDMG <-> -10% speed

3) The comfort hilt offers a small bonus on attack speed (10%) and a bonus on critical hit damage (10%). Good for characters without blocking or high stamina reserves.

+10%speed/+10%CriticalHitDMG <-> -5%damage

Blades:

1) The Broadsword blade is pretty... huge? It offers a crossguard ( +30% Blocking) and a range advantage (15%). You sway slower and it is freaking heavy.

+30%Blocking/+15%range <-> +40%Weight/-15%Speed

2) The Claymore blade is pretty small for a 2H-Sword, which makes it faster to attack and adds a 10% chance of Critical Damage.

+30%Speed/+10%ChanceCritical/-30%Weight <-> -35%Range/-20%Damage

3) The berserker blade is deadly and fast. Not suited for defensive Characters. Perfect for light armor wearing ones, running in rage at the enemy and killing him as fast as possible.

+15%Damage/+15%Speed <-> -30%Blocking/-50%Staggering

WEAPON CATEGORY: ONE HANDED WEAPONS

Dagger Component Statistics

Hilts:

1)The aggressive Hilt has +20% Damage when doing a heavy attack, but it slows you down.

2)The comfort hilt offers a small bonus on attack speed (10%) and a bonus on critical hit damage (10%). Good for characters without blocking or high stamina reserves.

3)The reversed hilt gives an advantage when Sneaking and when beeing cool.

+20%sneakDmg/+10%Staggering <-> -20%efficiency against armor/-10%speed

Blades:

1)Assassin's Blade: Large Bonus on SneakDMG and small Bonus on Critical Hit chance. Very bad for blocking and reduced attack speed.

+40% Sneak Damage/+20% Chance Critical <-> -75% Blocking/ -20% Attack speed

2) Thief Blade: Standard version. Small chance to ignore enemy armor.

+10% ignore ALL enemy armor <-> -5%Damage

3) Fury Dagger: Women's weapon, suited for one dagger in each hand. Bonus on attack speed and reduced Stamina Cost. Bad single damage statistic and much less staggering

+30%Speed/-30%StaminaCost/-30%Weight <-> -30%Damage/-60%Staggering

Sword Component Statistics

Hilts

1) The aggressive Hilt has +20% Damage when doing a heavy attack, but it slows you down.

2) The comfort hilt offers a small bonus on attack speed (10%) and a bonus on critical hit damage (10%). Good for characters without blocking or high stamina reserves.

3) The venturer hilt is something special. It offers a small bonus on range, and a big plus on Staggering and 10% Chance for a critical hit. Mali on weight, speed and damage.

+15%Range/+30%Staggering/+10%ChriticalHitChance <-> +15%Weight/-5%Damage/-15%Speed

Blades

1) The Stendarr Blade is the perfect replacement for a shield. Maybe you're a heavy armor guy who does not want to unlock too many shield perks. +5% to avoid a hostile melee attack receiving no damage WHEN BLOCKING!

+50%Blocking/+10%Damage/+10%Range/ When blocking 5% to avoid Damage <-> +50%Weight,-15%Speed

2) The Katana blade is a smooth choice. No big disadvantages. Small boni on attack speed and range. 1% When a Katana is equipped in BOTH hands and you do a heavy attack in both hands, to instantly kill the enemy.

+20%Range/+10%Speed/+1%InstantKillWhenHeavyDoubleAttack <-> -10%Damage/-10%Staggering

3) Guard's Blade is the choice for the undecided ones. Small bonus on Damage. Almost unremarkable malus on range. Very average weapon!

+10%Damage <-> -15%Range

Mace Component Statistics

Handles

1) The long Handle gives you a bonus on weapon range, while getting a malus on attack speed.There is a little more weight to carry.

+40%Range/+5%Damage <-> -25%Speed/+10% Weight

2) The medium handle offers a totally average stat without great changes.

+10%CriticalHitChance <-> -5%Damage

3) The short handles adds a bonus of on attack speed, while reducing the range. It weighs less and has a bit reduced damage.

+40%Speed/-20%Weight <-> -35%Range/-5%Damage

Maceheads

1) Heavy one: Slow but deadly.

+25%Damage/+30%Stagger <-> -40%Speed/+40%Weight.

2) medium one: Average, good versus armor.

+15%IgnoreArmor <-> -5%Damage

3)Small One: Light and deadly! 2%Chance to paralyze the enemy for 1second when performing a heavy attack.

-40%Weight/+30%Speed/+2%Paralyze1secWhenHeavyAttack <->-40%Stagger,-25%Damage

War Axe Component Statistics

Handles

1) The long Handle gives you a bonus on weapon range, while getting a malus on attack speed.There is a little more weight to carry.

+40%Range/+5%Damage <-> -25%Speed/+10% Weight

2) The medium handle offers a totally average stat without great changes.

+10%CriticalHitChance <-> -5%Damage

3) The short handles adds a bonus of on attack speed, while reducing the range. It weighs less and has a bit reduced damage.

+40%Speed/-20%Weight <-> -35%Range/-5%Damage

War Axe Blades

1) The great Blade has 20% more damage and a bonus of 10% to inflict critical damage. It weighs more and sways slowly, but adds slightly more range.

+20%Damage/+10%Chance-Critical/+10%Range <-> +25%Weight/-30%Speed

2) The standard Blade offers average statistics. There is a little chance of 4% to cause double damage.

+4%chance 2xDamage <-> -5%Damage

3) The small Blade is lighter (25%) and has a better handling. There's a malus on damage and critical hit damage.

+30%Speed/-30%weight <-> -10%Range/-25%Damage/-15%CriticalDmg

Edited by RightNow0815

How do you want to go about naming these? we are going to have like 9 or more different weapons and we cant name them all just "Steel Dagger".

Should we invent fancy names for each like "Agile Steel dagger" or "Steel dagger of agility"? or should we do something like "Light steel dagger" or "Steel dagger - Light".

in the test i made i just named them like "steel dagger - long light" or "steel dagger - short spiked". is that ok or should we name them differently? Until we decide on names ill name them the way i was for easy navigation in the creation kit and in the in-game menus (it organizes them well)

That's a good point.

Maybe we should have 2 keywords for each component type...

A heavy Hammerhead always makes the weapon a "BoneBreaker", then the handle typ adds the prefix "Long Bonebreaker", Short- or standard...

Swords with hilts could have the prefix defensive, aggressive and comfortable. Then the Blade type decides the name... For example aggressive iron claymore/ comfortable daedric bihander/ defensive elven broadsword etc.

• 2 months later...