Help with creation kit

Kellar21

Hello to everyone,

So,I was recently looking into modding on skyrim, and a project came to my head, Mjolnir: Thor's hammer,I know there are several out there, but the one I plan to do is different, so I want to ask if these are possible:

1.Casting spells through the hammer,in this case lightining bolt,and a Ward(very powerful one) when you are blocking,

2.Enhacing character stats(namely more than one enchantment)more HP,Stamina and Magic Resistence.

3.Throwing the hammer

4.There's also one that should be simplier to do,every time you hit a NPC a lightining bolt strikes them(maybe a chance as this sounds too powerful)

I can modify basic weapons stats on the CK but have no idea how to implement these.

PS:There's an Option called Crit Effect on the weapon edit window and it has the option AbLightiningStormcastbody, or something like that and the checked box "on death",does these options are a solution to 4?

Thanks for the help.

1.Casting spells through the hammer,in this case lightining bolt,and a Ward(very powerful one) when you are blocking,

4.There's also one that should be simplier to do,every time you hit a NPC a lightining bolt strikes them(maybe a chance as this sounds too powerful)

They is an option to enchant the item in the CK and adding custom on hit effects to hit like forst fire and a lot more cool stuff that is not available via game enchanting. maybe light bolt exists?

2.Enhacing character stats(namely more than one enchantment)more HP,Stamina and Magic Resistence.

Maybe possible in the ck check it out :s

3.Throwing the hammer

No idea.

Edited by majistik

Thanks for the answer majistik,but i couldn't find the lightning bolt effect.

Can someone point me to a good CK weapon tutorial were most options are explained.

And does that Crit Effect actually does?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the answer majistik,but i couldn't find the lightning bolt effect.

Can someone point me to a good CK weapon tutorial were most options are explained.

And does that Crit Effect actually does?

Thanks in advance

Look at the Sparks and Lightning spells in CK (under Magic, of course) and see what MagicEffects they use, for example. Then look at the MagicEffect forms to see what EffectShaders they use. The EffectShaders I forget where they are, maybe under Miscellaneous? Make use of the search filter or the Find Text functionality of the CK :) I recently made an electric slaughterfish that had electricity crawling all over its skin and it shoots out lightning bolts when attacking, with area damage :)

EDIT: Look at the MagicEffect called "ShockDamageFFAimed", it's the effect used by the LightningBolt spell. The lightning bolt is done as a projectile "ShockBoltAim" and the HitShader is "ShockFXShader".

Edited by steve40

Ok,found those,now this will require some scripting,right?or it can be done only using the weapon Form?(unlikely)

Any good scripting material I should read?And how can I decompile that mod to see the cript used to hit the guard with the lightining?

I dont know maybe its just some of those "enchatment" stuff in the CK? :S not really sure. maybe just try a few enchatment (there are abot a 100) you will surly find something that is good for you. Edited by majistik

Ok,found those,now this will require some scripting,right?or it can be done only using the weapon Form?(unlikely)

Any good scripting material I should read?And how can I decompile that mod to see the cript used to hit the guard with the lightining?

If the mod uses a bsa file, then use this program to unarchive the files that you want. But there's always the possibility that the mod author didn't include the script source code...

Edited by steve40

• 1 year later...

Hello.

Im New to Creation Kit and skyrim but I wanted to make myself a custom sword, using much of the same principals as the thor hammer, IE: the sound effects and enchant effects. I'm working on a called the Stormbringer for a character model. and a elemental sword of this type would fit perfectly. the problems I'm having are once its completed and put into the game it doesnt create the sound or graphics. I may just be a complete noob! Could someone assist me?

Im using the Diamond great sword mod for my weapon graphic. all i want to achieve is the thunder sound on hit with the knockback and shock spell.

please and thanks for any assistance.