i request a Swashbuckling pirate adventure!

Salusasecondus

Remember the pirate mod from oblivion? i'm looking for a similar thing for skyrim.

I'll run through what mod allows you to do, i'll explain all how it works and how i'd tackle it after.

1) Ability to purchase a ship and a small quest can be taken to get the price discounted.

2) New islands with port towns in the skyrim worldspace complete with own guards , prisons, houses and of course bounty!

3)Ability to sail ship (not discovered yet so porting will do til we know how to sail)

4) Ability to have fights with merchant ships and navy (i'll explain!!)

5)a quest involving finding a great hidden treasure.

1) The ship will be expensive, ridiculously so and therefore a quest will be available to get this discounted. It will be something on the lines of the owner has a bounty on his head, talk to the Jarl (located on one of the new islands) and either kill him or convince him that the ship owner is dead.

2) I'm thinking 2 new islands in the world space. will need to have a mod or alter your .ini to allow you to travel beyond skyrim borders. Has everything most towns have including guards and can be arrested if commit crime. One island will be occupied by East Empire trading company and the guards are their own hired mercenaries. They will lock you up if you commit a crime. The other island there is no bounty and it is made up of pirates who wear cool pirate clothing and will just kill you if you commit a crime. This island is where you must dock to recruit your crew, your first mate and also where you find the ship to buy. A quest will take you to the island when you first sleep, a man trying to sell you as a slave, you awake to find the ship marooned on rocks and you only survivor. alternatively if you stay awake you can make your own way to the island yourself by using the flying mod or alternative means such as swimming.

3) Sailing ships as of yet has not been done so porting to towns is possible so long as there is a dock. eventually when such system is made you can sail your ship around and still have option to port the ship aswell. This sailing aspect is totally seperate from how you find enemy ships and get loot etc.

4) Now for finding battles and so on. All battles i.e boarding enemy ships etc are all in seperate world spaces. to set sail for this you need a crew of at least 7 pirates and 1 first mate. a first mate is the person to talk to in order to set sail for loot. as soon as you tell first mate to do this, you will get a message confirming you are on way and another to say you have encountered an enemy etc etc.

You leave the ship as you normally would and on the deck you will be in a new cell, the ships are boarded and your crew fight the enemy crew. When all enemy dead go inside enemy ship and in captain's chest is a document called a 'Cargo log'. It details everything on board. Sell these documents to get your money! the npc is located on the pirate town!

There is also a ship battle event where the ships are not boarded and instead fire spells are fired out of a cannot from enemy ship, if you purchased a cannon uograde, press buttion to fire the fire spells back. the flames will kill any npc it touches as they high damage but if you keep firing the ship will be destroyed and the gfx will change to that of a destroyed ship (vanilla)

upgrades are bought for your ship they are as follows!

1)Crows nest - climb rung and stand at top of your ship

2)cannon - adds cannon, press button to fire powerful fire spell, used for in that worldspace with the ship fight, when sailing (when possible) can also be used to fire at qill.

3)Interior decorations

to anybody who played the oblivion mod, its exactly the same and has been done before on oblivion, i propose the EXACT SAME MOD but updates for skyrim instead!

it was one of the best rated oblivion mods i recall.

As far as plausibility goes it is perfectly possible to do however you CANNOT create new world spaces in the CK yet and all that i in the current sea spaces is ice really so I don't see how the islands could be made.

As far as plausibility goes it is perfectly possible to do however you CANNOT create new world spaces in the CK yet and all that i in the current sea spaces is ice really so I don't see how the islands could be made.

Could turn one of the ice bergs into an island maybe? stick a castle, few houses on there maybe?

maybe add some islands to the tamriel cells

definately. i think everyone who is interested in this idea check out the pirate mod off oblivion. you could even take the exact islands etc #with permission' and just take that exact mod, change it to adapt to skyrim and then place it in skyrim.