CTD's happening a lot

Damius

I'm having this issue as well. The CTDs are so random, you can't even pinpoint what the problem is. I have a lot of mods, but I am beginning to think that this may not be mod related after all. Sigh, this is so depressing, game why won't you let me play you well!! T-T

As a glimmar of hope i've actually managed to slow the rate of ctd's back down to somthing approaching playable. Full reinstalation, deleted every last scrap of skyrim i could except for a single save for me to use as a ctd litmus test, and added a few mods. Found an interesting pattern in what mods installed caused quicker crashes.

Any mod that ups the textures size in game; hd mods, hd armours, cosmetic changes etcetra.

Running only a few mods i managed to get a (vaguelly) stable game, but when i tried wearing a hd armor, or using a hd face texture mod the ctds came back. This is only a theory i have, but i tested over a few hours using a scar mod, and then a hd facepaint mod, and then a hd face bump/specular map mod. All of them produced the crash in the testing save, and when removed did not.

My test save is simple, about fifteen seconds from where i start is a specific tree; if i can walk past it no problem, if i ctd as a pass whatever boundry it sits atop i remove the mod and test again.

It seems textures are a major factor (but not the only factor) in the problem. Every problem a grain of sand, every day us gamers inherit a desert.

Also worth noting is that my game seems to bug out a lot loading textures; im getting purple dragons somtimes, or faces that are shadowed where they shouldn't be, even npcs turning outright invisible except for their clothing.

There could be other factors I haven't found to test with, I'm still getting crashes, just only about every half hour if im lucky.