Problem with Dragons after applying mods

silaent

Like the title and description says, I have a number of mods installed, but all are strictly visual mods with the exception of a couple smithing mods. (2k textures, hair, no more blocky faces, W.A.T.E.R., etc.) I'm new to all of this, Just recently got a PC and I havn't installed any of these mods myself, but used the Nexus Mod Manager to enable/disable mods. Does anyone else have this problem or know what I can do? I just made a new character and fought the first dragon, and even after reloading the game entirely the dragon never gives a soul. (which stops the quest from continuing.) I also noticed when going through Draugrs, the coffins no longer pop open. What have I done to my game? :O lol

Like the title and description says, I have a number of mods installed, but all are strictly visual mods with the exception of a couple smithing mods. (2k textures, hair, no more blocky faces, W.A.T.E.R., etc.) I'm new to all of this, Just recently got a PC and I havn't installed any of these mods myself, but used the Nexus Mod Manager to enable/disable mods. Does anyone else have this problem or know what I can do? I just made a new character and fought the first dragon, and even after reloading the game entirely the dragon never gives a soul. (which stops the quest from continuing.) I also noticed when going through Draugrs, the coffins no longer pop open. What have I done to my game? :O lol

The first thing to do in this situation is make sure that it's a mod causing the issue. Disable all of your mods and load up the game again. If the problem continues, then you know that the mods aren't the problem and that it's a game issue and not a mod issue. In that case, in your steam game section right click on Skyrim and click properties. From there click on the local files tab and then verify integrity of game caches. This will make sure that your game is fully downloaded and up to date and will alert you if there's a part of the game that got corrupted or just isn't there. Hopefully however when you disable all of your mods and start back up your game it starts to work which means it's a mod issue. These are a lot easier to deal with. Just enable all of your mods except one and load the game and keep repeating with each mod until the problem starts up again and then you know the corrupt mod. Delete it and either try re downloading it or just keep it deleted, either way you found the problem! :D

The first thing to do in this situation is make sure that it's a mod causing the issue. Disable all of your mods and load up the game again. If the problem continues, then you know that the mods aren't the problem and that it's a game issue and not a mod issue. In that case, in your steam game section right click on Skyrim and click properties. From there click on the local files tab and then verify integrity of game caches. This will make sure that your game is fully downloaded and up to date and will alert you if there's a part of the game that got corrupted or just isn't there. Hopefully however when you disable all of your mods and start back up your game it starts to work which means it's a mod issue. These are a lot easier to deal with. Just enable all of your mods except one and load the game and keep repeating with each mod until the problem starts up again and then you know the corrupt mod. Delete it and either try re downloading it or just keep it deleted, either way you found the problem! :D

Thank you so much for the help! :D

Then there is probably something wrong with your game where are you up to in the main quest?

If you are not far in you may want to try the console command:

set MQ103 to 10

Then there is probably something wrong with your game where are you up to in the main quest?

If you are not far in you may want to try the console command:

set MQ103 to 10

Just starting, the very first dragon encounter. If creating a new character will resolve this, no problem. But I dont understand why my game would be messed up, I just got it and installed it from a new disk yesterday.

If that command just furthers me in the Main Quest, all dragons still don't give any souls.... :/

Edited by silaent