New game crash

elvinkun

Greetings.

I haven't played Skyrim for quite a while, so I decided to install it again, letting Steam do all the work, patching it, appliing the HD pack, but everytime I start a new game, once the thief on the carriage says "You damned Stormcloaks!" the game crashes with no clues left behind. Already tried with mods, clean install and once more clean install without touching any otions or settings and getting everything to low and turning HD pack off, but it always crashes at the same point +- few seconds.

Any idea what could be causing it and what could fix it? Would be really gratefull for that.

Cheers,

Elvin.

You are really not alone with the crashes, i've been dealing with a lot of them too, and from what i can gather so are a lot of other people. There are a variety of fixes you can try ranging from faffing in the cmd to running as admin, but my suggestion would be to start with the simplest solution before trying the drastic ones; install the unofficial patch, check your hardware is up to the task, do a defrag and any other maintanence your computer may need, update drivers, and try without the hd pack. The skyrim mods complex optimiser help a little with fps too even in a vanilla game, worth using anyway really.

@Damius

I know it up to the task because I already have over 500 hours of Skyrim played, I just wanted to return to it after getting depressed over ME3 haha. Only thing new is the patch. When I last played it was 1.3.something, now it's over 1.5, so I guessed it's something in the patch, kinda hoped it would be something widespread.

@Xotana

Not quite sure what does that mean, to be honest :P