Grey Textures

Hello, I seem to have this problem with oblivion where when I turn on the Distance Land option parts of the world go grey. This mostly sticks to the floor but there have been cases of thin layers of grey floating around. Here are 2 pictures http://oi48.tinypic.com/6sdjds.jpg and http://oi47.tinypic.com/ncjedf.jpg These two pictures are at one location but the grey texture appears anyway outside including hell.

My Graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series with Directx11 and I am running Windows 7

I think its worth saying that this never happened on my old copy of oblivion that I dont have anymore, it ran perfectly fine on this computer without any bugs. the oblivion I run now is steam and is Game of the year deluxe. I have reinstalled the game twice and even used the unofficial patch but nothing happens. Please help me as fast as possible, thanks!

Nevermind, I found a fix. Turns out If i go into my oblivion.ini in Documents\My Games\oblivion and change fLODLandVerticalBias=0.0000 to fLODLandVerticalBias=-1000.0000 it fixes the problem. Thanks anyway. Anyone Know what causes this?

I think what you're seeing is the LOD-terrain sticking through the detailed terrain. This should normally not happen because the LOD-terrain is supposed to be pushed down for your current surroundings. I've seen a topic before where someone had this problem but I can't recall if it was ever solved.

One thing you could try is to check Archive Invalidation. I believe the UOP comes with new LOD-terrain meshes but they may not be in use if Archive Invalidation is not set up properly.

If that doesn't help, and assuming you're running without terrain-altering mods, you could try installing one of the pre-generated LOD-terrains from Tes4ll. I recently installed the high-res option provided by Tes4ll and the distant land has never looked as smooth as this before.

-Edit: ooops, ninja'd

Edited by evenstargw