Capturing a screenshot

Magin85

First off, hello folks! I'm new around these parts!

Could somebody please tell me how i capture a screenshot. I know , i know print screen. But, after reading through quite a few threads with some of the fan fiction screenshots, i was impressed by some of the shot some people have uploaded. I've noticed people telling others to press certain keys in the console. Is there a special MOD i need to download to do this.

All help is appreciated and i'm sorry if i've posted this in the wrong section.

TFC 1 in console will freeze and unfreeze the action (best to be in third person if you want to see your character). TM will hide and restore the hud elements. The mod groovatron is a nice tool for taking caps as it has a lot of poses and uses the p key to take a screen shot with no hud.

I'm having trouble installing the Groovatron mod. When i move the files into my data folder the game won;t install unless i remove the files. Is there any other mods i could use? Much appreciated for your help chum.

The newer versions of windows have security "features" that won't let folders in the program files section be modified. You can log on as administrator to fix that, or install the game to a location other than program files.

I'm currently copying the 10gb file to my desktop. Hopefully that will account for somewhere other than program files. If not, is there another mod i can use for screenshots. L1 puts me in third person using the PS3 controller. Although, it will allow me rotate the camera onto my characters face.

Referring to this vide

what is the TILL key? I don't understand this talk of the console? Edited by Magin85

You need to uninstall then reinstall to a new directory, like create a folder on your drive called games. Just copying it to a new location won't work because the registry keys need to point the the right version.

The tilda key is ~

One last question. Sorry. I have installed the Groovatron mod but none of the hot keys seem to be working. Infact nothing to do with the mod seems to be working. I ahve gone on and installed the NV mod. Could it be because i never installed the FO3 mod first? When i do that NV won't load up for me. I haven;t been using the Mod manager. I have it installed but i;ve just been moving all of the mods i've downloaded into the data folder.

Kudos to you, kind Sir!

Edited by Magin85