Floating Mannequins

Cynster

For a few custom home mods I have downloaded and a mod I am working on, there's some issue with the mannequins leaving the circle they are put on and floating about 5-10 feet in the air and often towards the middle of the room, not even just above their circle. This has happened with multiple mods I've downloaded and recently I saw it while testing one of mine. What causes this and how come I've never encountered this in one of the vanilla player homes? Is there something that needs to be set for these that keeps them from jumping around?

Thanks!

omg you are kidding me :P Well that explains why they started jumping "randomly" after I was working on my navmesh - I didn't want the NPC to get stuck on them, so I moved it away x_x - mystery solved. Thanks!

The mannequins in player homes do indeed move around or levitate. It is a very bad thing. Bethesda should be ashamed. They should have found some way to make a mannequin be an activator instead of an NPC. In this game, NPCs move. The AI packags are not powerful enough and reliable enough to ensure that these NPCs will never move. (I built a mod where I have a mannequin follower. He is pretty good with a sword and goes dungeon crawling with me.)