Help editing .pex: How Do I Divide a Value?

I asked a modder how I am to decrease the amount by which a variable increases. He highlighted the line in the .pex file that he created that would affect the change I need (+= ChangeStep) and told me to divide it:

+= ChangeStep ---------- divide change step there

How do I divide it? I don't know anything about coding. As far as I know, there is no division symbol on a keyboard, but there must be some way to divide a variable/value (ChangeStep)!

Please, does anyone know how to "divide" it in... lets say, half?

Division in programming uses the backslash.

/

To replicate the aforementioned operation step in your post:

/= ChangeStep

What this means is, the division is performed and the result is added to the value.

Edited by Rasikko

Division in programming uses the backslash.

/

To replicate the aforementioned operation step in your post:

/= ChangeStep

What this means is, the division is performed and the result is added to the value.

So, if I were inclined to divide it in half, I would write it as:

+ / 2 = ChangeStep

or

/ 2 = ChangeStep

or

+= ChangeStep / 2

Edited by PokemonButcher

Definitely the latter. All else will throw a compiler error.

The "+= ChangeStep" is only part of a longer line of code, likely more looking like "SomeOtherVariable += ChangeStep", where the "+=" is an integral part of the assignment (equal to "SomeOtherVariable = SomeOtherVariable + ChangeStep") and should not be messed with.

What you can change is the right side of the assignment: "ChangeStep". And if you change it into "ChangeStep / 2" or "ChangeStep * 0.5", the half of what "ChangeStep" is will be what's added onto the left side variable here.

Definitely the latter. All else will throw a compiler error.

The "+= ChangeStep" is only part of a longer line of code, likely more looking like "SomeOtherVariable += ChangeStep", where the "+=" is an integral part of the assignment (equal to "SomeOtherVariable = SomeOtherVariable + ChangeStep") and should not be messed with.

What you can change is the right side of the assignment: "ChangeStep". And if you change it into "ChangeStep / 2" or "ChangeStep * 0.5", the half of what "ChangeStep" is will be what's added onto the left side variable here.

Grand! T'anks 'o ton