having trouble getting nmm to work for skyrim vr

um just what it said in the title all i have is skyrym vr before i had skyrim for computer but that was a long time ago on a differant computer but i cant get nexus mode manager to work i have done this

1. Be sure you've launched the game for the first time, and it runs (then quit).
  2. Navigate to: Documents>My Games>Skyrim VR and open SkyrimPrefs.ini
  3. Add the heading [Launcher]. right under it add the line: bEnableFileSelection=1 then save.

Looks like this:

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

Nexus Mod Manager

1. If you haven't already, Download and install Nexus Mod Manager: link
  2. Run NMM (administration mode may be required). Cancel the auto search ("Stop Searching" button) at the bottom right of the screen.
  3. Click the ... button right below where it says Skyrim Special Edition.
  4. Select the folder: *(steam installation path)*\Steam\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\
  5. Click the little checkmark above, and ignore the warning that it couldn't find the .exe
  6. Install mods
  7. Navigate to ...appdata\local\Skyrim Special Editiona copy the plugins.txt
  8. Paste the plugins into ...appdata\local\Skyrim VR

all but I cant find where appdata/local/skyrim special edition is so I don't know what to do there

appdata is a special path in windows. its based off the current login

if you open up windows explorer, in the address bar type in %appdata% and press enter

you'll be taken to ......apptdata\roaming -- at which point you can just delete the roaming part or go 'up' a folder level, and go into local etc

or...other option

go to the windows install drive, there should be a folder called 'users', it may be hidden by due to folder options. i cant recall...there should be a folder that corresponds to your windows login name, then appdata and then local

so for instance, if C: drive is your windows is installed....

c:\users\YourWindowsUserName\AppData\local

• 1 month later...

Maybe someone could help me out too...

I don't see a folder named skyrimperfs.ini and in nmm I keep getting the message "can't find skyrim.exe", then when I try the same steps the OP listed, it ends up saying can't find "...\skyrimvr\data\data\data\skyrim.esm" and I CAN find the .esm file, not the .exe. I bought and downloaded the game thru steam and have played it before just fine. Any ideas on some fixes? I'd really like to apply some better texture mods.