Creation Kit Modified Npcs are Naked?

soulslayerzx

So I was changing the clothes of npcs and it was all good. I changed lydia and she appeared how I wanted her to be in game,and I edited all the other housecarls and now they're all naked. I checked some other npcs is it that creation kit changed? Cuz what I did was I set the default outfit to nothing and sleep to nothing, so that I could give them custom clothing by giving them clothes in their inventory. Edited by soulslayerzx

Edit: I found out that nightingale,iron banded cuirass, and some other mage robes are broken or dont appear in the actual 3d window, they look fine in the character preview but they dontt appeari n the 3d window in the inventory. Did I accidentally configure some setting that made these npcs all naked and s***? I f so, please tell me the setting I modified so I can make all npcs wear what's in their inventory if they're naked by default. Or do I have to create an armor set for every single modified npc?

You need to create the custom armor as an outfit and equip it to the NPC via the default outfit dropdown in the inventory tab. Otherwise theres probably a default outfit already created that you can just use.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Outfits are a separate category in the CK, found under Items in the Object Window. Create an outfit and add the items you want to it. Then set that as your NPC's Default Outfit in the Inventory tab of the Actor window.

Note that Sleep Outfit is never used, only Default Outfit is.

If you change an NPC's outfit in the CK and that NPC is already in your savegame, they will probably show up naked anyway. If so, take any items they have in their inventory, then select them in console and type "resetinventory". That will apply the new outfit.