Suggestions for Mods

Kasz94

Hello people. This might be abit of an unusual thread. But hear me out will you? ;)

So as some may or may not know i am an aspiring Youtuber, ( even if i am a crappy one at that xD )

I make videos about The Elder Scrolls in general, mod reviews, walkthroughs that sort of thing.

Now, my current Let's Play of Oblivion is nearing it's end. I am already thoroughly planning things out for the sequel. ( yeah, i love doing it THAT much -.- )

To keep things from becoming stale i will obviously be playing a totally different style of character. I will also make use of many mods to completely transform the game into something that barely even resembles oblivion anymore! I have already made my list of mods that will help me achieve this. So that part is covered.

I have also already decided on the character, class, birthsign etc.

My hopes for this next LP are basically to show off a totally different side of Oblivion, and a big departure from my first LP, wich focused mostly on vanilla content ( although it had a few mods in it ).

I hope to make it ''episodic'' as in, each episode will deal with a specific subject, though sometimes there might be 2 parters, or even 45 minute specials. I know you might be thinking i am crazy for trying to make this look like a running TV show... but yeah i'm like that xD

The actual episodes will feature adventure and quest mods that i will go through. I am however still in the process of making a list of mods that i plan to do.

So here are a few questions for you.

Do you think this is a good idea? Would people be interested in this kind of series?

Or do i have my head in the clouds? ^^

Also, are there any mods you would recommend me to visit in the series? Or even more specific, would you know a good adventure mod that is good to start with? Most quests are aimed at somewhat higher leveled characters, and i do wish to commit myself to huge mods such as Adash or The Lost Spires right from the get go.

Anyway that is all for now, i am sorry if i bored you with this wall of text xD

And if you are interested, here is my youtube channel with my current LP : http://www.youtube.com/user/XNihirisuto?feature=mhee

Thank you for reading if you did ;)

I'd be interested in it. For quest mods, check here:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/User:Deaths_soul/Recommended_Oblivion_Quest_Mods_List

I highly recommend Integration: The Stranded Light because it is a vastly different experience while still keeping the lore correct, and just expanding on features, themes, and gameplay that is missing from the game. Basically it's a huge quest mod with multiple factions where you use your skills, race, sex, achievements, and other abilities to solve complex quests in a number of possible ways. I mean you could go through some voice acted epic combat mod with new meshes/textures plastered all over, but in the end it'd be the same experience of poorly developed characters telling you to go in a cave, kill people, and come back.

Also Integration has yet to get a proper Let's Play. I made a video walkthrough for it a while back, but it was rather poor on quality, pacing, and cohesion because I'm not really very good at making videos; and in any case all of the recognition and multiple ways to complete quests would prevent it from being to familiar with my videos anyway. Lost Spires and such have most likely already been featured in several walkthroughs, and Let's Play's; and really there's not much variance or freash perspective that can be gained from such well covered and Linear mods. I'd suggest focusing more on some of the cool under-dog quests with fresh elements, newer mods (Reclaiming Sancre Tor, Dark Brotherhood Chronicles, Integration, etc.), and mods with freedom and non-linearity would work good. I mean the "big budget action movie" dungeon style quests are good, but they can become a little bit boring and redundant when you've already played and seen them in Let's Plays many times before.

Also worth noting that Integration can be played by low level characters thanks to all of its options in how you can complete the quests. Some boss fights will require finding out and exploiting their weakness though. Additionally it doesn't push you down a path, so you could go through it without even focusing on Integration, just start it out in the beginning, and slowly progress through some of the quests throughout the series. It just Integrates and fits into the world and story so well that you can find new characters, quests, solutions to quests you have, hints, etc. just from playing normally.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Nehrim is a total conversion if i'm not mistaken. I was hoping to do it in Cyrodiil though, but i have been considering a standalone playthrough of Nehrim.

The integration thing is something i'll have to check out aswell. Also, has any of you ever played The Northern Front? It seems like a decent one aswell.

The integration thing is something i'll have to check out aswell. Also, has any of you ever played The Northern Front? It seems like a decent one aswell.

Tried Northern Front, and it seemed to have a decent premise, but I couldn't play it.The dialogue topics were just like randomly missing, so I couldn't even get the first quest from the guy at the camp. I had similar problems with Verona House Bloodlines. That mod was patched by Arthmoor(sp?) in recent times, so maybe he fixed that issue, and could do the same ffor Northern Front.

Oh i briefly tried the Northern Front, i could get a quest from the guy in the HQ... but the guy who i thought was supposed to sell items didn't have the option to, so maybe it was a similar issue.