ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fresh Skyrim install with no face/body mods shows head/body color mism

Xotana

It's like I wrote on topic title.

Did a fresh instal via Steam with all updates (uninstalled and deleted the previous Skyrim Steam folder) installed all mods I had except those changing head and body textures.

All these are Skyrim default so why do I still have head/bodies color mismatch?

I loaded my old save files which already had this problem (didn't want to explore again the hundreds of places already visited). Old install and new install both have this issue,

except the old one had head and body mods and the new one does not. The savegames only retain and reproduce what is installed if I'm not mistaken.

I am curious about this because when textures are missing, like an uninstalled armor, the you forgot you had equipped, it will show your body invisible (like the boots or chest

piece, wherever you have it equipped).

So, if the textures are not there why would a fresh install of the game have the same weird head/body color mismatch? I only installed the mod Detailed Lips but these do not replace head/body textures.

Thanks in advance to all those willing to help.

Edited by Xotana

I had Apachii hair styles for NPCs instaled, did it via NMm. What happens is that there are extra files (a fix) when you manually download the files). It's 3 files which will fix the black faces bug. So, if you have apachii for NPCs keep it and go to the mod page and chose manual install, you will see the other 3 otpional files to download. And they will fix the problem, have my game running perfectly again.

Peace

• 3 months later...

Hmmm, I am doing a fresh install due to having Steam hose my previous one with an update. I tried copying across all my old mods on the first attempt and the game would not start.

Deleted Skyrim folder and am redownloading so it is clean.

I am going to try loading it vanilla first time, maybe with just male and female mesh and texture replacers, then adding mods gradually.

Did you redownload your mods or just reinstall them from where you store downloads? I'm curious as I am doing this new install myself.

• 2 years later...

Hey, Guys and Gals,

I had this same problem with my skin textures. I finally solved it. In my case I added unp mod armors into the game before I added in the UNP body mod. Once I uninstalled anything related to the UNP mod it reverted back to the vanilla skin tones.

Hope this help some of you.