Followers falling out

Uniquekind

I've made an interior cell, navmeshed it, and placed an encounter. I tested the navmesh and it comes up clean.

When I test it in game, my follower follows me in and around the cell almost perfectly. The encounter also works as planned when I enter the cell, HOWEVER, if I leave the cell and come back my follower doesn't show up. I can sometimes hear him making noise, but toggling clipping I cannot find him. Also, If I dont kill the encounter mob and leave the cell, when I come back it's the same issue; it's gone.

Even more oddly, if I load a different save (or even the same save) and come back to that cell after being there once, the issue happens. If I close Skyrim, then open it again, load the save, then everything works... unless I leave the cell and come back again.

I assume this is a navmesh issue of some type, but for all the alterations I've made, nothing seems to fix this.

Any suggestions?

Sounds to me like the NAVMESH BUG.

It doesn't occur immediately, but if you go 2 cells away from your modded cell, then come back, your navmesh is broken.

The only fix for that to my knowing is to put your navmesh into an .esm file. Convert your .esp to an .esm via Wrye Bash, then test it.

You can find more discussion and information about this here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1367191-navmesh-bug-discussion-thread-4/