Issue with NPCs

Hey there.

So I've been working on a few things and ran into a bit of an issue. I would like to change some of the Minutemen NPCs to have a custom power armour furniture I created, however when I go to edit the NPCs it does not let me add a furniture or anything to their inventory.

Would I need to copy one of the Minutemen NPCs and add the furniture for that?

Thanks in advance.

Man I need to finish writing those articles for the CreationKit Wiki..

I think I know what your problem is, but Lets start at the beginning..

What is the Exact FormID and full name of the NPC's in question?

I'm trying to edit one of the EncMinutemen NPCs, for an example we'll use EncMinutemen02, FormID is 001BF0BB.

EncMinutemen02 all way to 08 is locked, 01 isn't however that's a template, and I'm guessing if I give the template power armour every single minuteman npc will spawn with power armour.

All of them are templated:

EncMinutemen02 [NPC_:001BF0BB]

EncMinutemen03 [NPC_:001BF0BC]

EncMinutemen04 [NPC_:001BF0BD]

EncMinutemen05 [NPC_:001BF0BE]

EncMinutemen06 [NPC_:001BF0BF]

EncMinutemen07 [NPC_:001BF0C0]

EncMinutemen08 [NPC_:001BF0C1]

In this case, the Inventory Template usage locks out your ability to change their inventory, specially they are all referring to EncMinutemen01Template "Minuteman" [NPC_:001BF0B7].

To be honest, you should not be editing those NPC's to add a new PowerArmor Frame to them, as it will mean every time the Engine hits on "EncMinutemen08 [NPC_:001BF0C1]" (for example) you get an NPC wearing a suit of PA, unless you want at higher levels the majority of Minutemen in PowerArmor.

The best way to accomplish this would be to create a new Minutemen Record in CreationKit, cloned from EncMinutemen01Template "Minuteman" [NPC_:001BF0B7].

Rename it however you want, I'd suggest upping the stats and making it Level scaling w/ the player.

Once that's done, if you add the NPC to the correct LcharXXXXX table then Minutemen will have a chance to spawn in PA occasionally, in this case add it to LCharMinutemen [LVLN:001BF0C2]

Sorry "Adulting" today, hence the pauses in replies.

Any time you see an NPC referencing "Templates" the related fields will be locked out, and any changes made on EncXXXXX NPC's (Face, Faction, etc NPCs) will be cascaded to all NPC's that reference that NPC Directly, or indirectly based on a Lcharxxxx List or LvlXxxx Actor...

Let me know if you had other questions.