Of Fear and rage

kvnchrist

I sort of have to agree with you (and with MB) somewhat on this Jim_UK. I am old enough to remember the Carter Malaise year's about which he speaks. Now does not seem quite as much of a disaster as some are painting it, considering what we have survived in the past.

My reading is that the current administration is (and always has been)such anathema to many, that they are attempting to make things sound worse than they are in order to justify something that they have always wanted to believe.

However, by the same token I have always felt, as does HeyYou that the American people have allowed themselves to be led down the garden path because of our own laziness or ennui (and in many cases dare I say ignorance), and we have now reached a point where there just ain't much further to go.

I sort of have to agree with you (and with MB) somewhat on this Jim_UK. I am old enough to remember the Carter Malaise year's about which he speaks. Now does not seem quite as much of a disaster as some are painting it, considering what we have survived in the past.

My reading is that the current administration is (and always has been)such anathema to many, that they are attempting to make things sound worse than they are in order to justify something that they have always wanted to believe.

However, by the same token I have always felt, as does HeyYou that the American people have allowed themselves to be led down the garden path because of our own laziness or ennui (and in many cases dare I say ignorance), and we have now reached a point where there just ain't much further to go.

Granny, my grandfather the grand old Irish Ulsterman that he was had a saying.."There is always a subbasement to hell"..things can ALWAYS get worse. :whistling:

Granny, my grandfather the grand old Irish Ulsterman that he was had a saying.."There is always a subbasement to hell"..things can ALWAYS get worse. :whistling:

Gee A, thanks for that comforting thought. :D

And while I appreciate the sacrifices our men and women in uniform are making, I think that this is a situation where what they are doing, does not affect what happens in Washington one way or the other. Governments make policy, the military enforces it, if necessary. Currently, the policy in Washington is to spend money like there is no tomorrow...... that policy has been going on since Ronnie. (with a break here and there in between) It isn't going to be a war that destroys us, it's going to be economic collapse, from the solar system of debt we have accumulated. We see that on a smaller scale today, in Greece, Ireland, and Spain..... and their deficits are paltry pocket change to what the US is doing..... There is going to come a time, and it ain't that far away.... that folks are going to start wondering where we are going to come up with the coin to pay even the interest on our debt.... which is currently 6% of government spending, and that is JUST the interest........

@HY

Always glad to be the blue bird of happiness. :whistling:

However on the latter part of your thesis I could not agree more. Empire collapse from within and ours seems to be heading down that path unless we change direction drastically and soon.

I think people are getting the wrong impression about what this topic is about. The first part of this

I've been looking at things in the last few years and it seems that the country is beset by fear of change and the rage of frustration in those that think change hasn't come soon enough. I think both of these two reactions are setting America on a collision course with itself. Something has to give in order for us to move forward.

Is about the stalemate within the two party system. The collapse is not about the country collapsing but my concern with the rytoric that is coming out of Washington, combined with the financial situation, so many in the country are suffering that what I call Social justice vigilantes and militia groups might start up something that will have to be put down as violently as they are. What will suffer from this is the same thing that the country has suffered from, but on a accelerated path than it was after 9/11. I was talking about our freedoms and rights are vanishing, under a cover of a security blanket that is dubious at best.

Then we are looking at a debt crisis of major proportions and that seems not only to be effecting the US, but the rest of the world, as well, which pretty much sums up this.

I think the whole world is at a tipping point and what survives out of this will color the world for the next 100 years.

My concern is with those who have placed their hopes and dreams on the financial situation of their perspective countries and are now seeing their dreams of a comfortable retirement go up in smoke as our leaders try to correct that abuses that have lead us to this crisis, in the first place. I'm more worried about the little man, losing everything, because they seem to be the ones that everybody uses, promises everything to and then are the first things discarded, when the crap hits the fan. I look at Greece and Italy and I don't see the governments there, but a window, or a retiree, or a mother, with children that is seeing their support structure crumble beneath them, while the banks and businessmen get bailouts and get million dollar bailouts.

How can we all diffuse this so that we can begin the next 100 years without totally devastating one another and carry on this hate fest, between the left and the right into the next millennium. Sacrifices have to be made. I've said that before but it seems there are too many desiring their own little piece of the pie.

The hatefest is between the far left and the far right and the sacrifices are to do with these people who say, "Go ahead and fix what needs to be fixed, but don't you dare touch what I have." You can't make sacrifices by targeting certain people, when the whole country is hurting. We are all in this together. Someone once said, "This is a huge S*%T SANDWICH and we all are goiing to have to take a bite out of it!" We're all in this together and the sacred cows of the left and right need to be deposed, so we can find a true middle ground and start moving this country back into a prosperous nation. I think, from what I've seen on the news, that this strategy would work well, elsewhere, as well.

I think people are getting the wrong impression about what this topic is about. The first part of this

I've been looking at things in the last few years and it seems that the country is beset by fear of change and the rage of frustration in those that think change hasn't come soon enough. I think both of these two reactions are setting America on a collision course with itself. Something has to give in order for us to move forward.

Is about the stalemate within the two party system. The collapse is not about the country collapsing but my concern with the rytoric that is coming out of Washington, combined with the financial situation, so many in the country are suffering that what I call Social justice vigilantes and militia groups might start up something that will have to be put down as violently as they are. What will suffer from this is the same thing that the country has suffered from, but on a accelerated path than it was after 9/11. I was talking about our freedoms and rights are vanishing, under a cover of a security blanket that is dubious at best.

Then we are looking at a debt crisis of major proportions and that seems not only to be effecting the US, but the rest of the world, as well, which pretty much sums up this.

I think the whole world is at a tipping point and what survives out of this will color the world for the next 100 years.

My concern is with those who have placed their hopes and dreams on the financial situation of their perspective countries and are now seeing their dreams of a comfortable retirement go up in smoke as our leaders try to correct that abuses that have lead us to this crisis, in the first place. I'm more worried about the little man, losing everything, because they seem to be the ones that everybody uses, promises everything to and then are the first things discarded, when the crap hits the fan. I look at Greece and Italy and I don't see the governments there, but a window, or a retiree, or a mother, with children that is seeing their support structure crumble beneath them, while the banks and businessmen get bailouts and get million dollar bailouts.

How can we all diffuse this so that we can begin the next 100 years without totally devastating one another and carry on this hate fest, between the left and the right into the next millennium. Sacrifices have to be made. I've said that before but it seems there are too many desiring their own little piece of the pie.

The hatefest is between the far left and the far right and the sacrifices are to do with these people who say, "Go ahead and fix what needs to be fixed, but don't you dare touch what I have." You can't make sacrifices by targeting certain people, when the whole country is hurting. We are all in this together. Someone once said, "This is a huge S*%T SANDWICH and we all are goiing to have to take a bite out of it!" We're all in this together and the sacred cows of the left and right need to be deposed, so we can find a true middle ground and start moving this country back into a prosperous nation. I think, from what I've seen on the news, that this strategy would work well, elsewhere, as well.

Trouble is, neither side is really willing to compromise. Prime example: The 'committee' that was supposed to come up with some serious budget cuts, or, automatic cuts would be implemented instead. Guess what, they couldn't come up with the middle ground...... Now, they are passing legislation to get around the "or else" clauses that were put into the budget balancing bill in the first place. Nice huh?

Trouble is, neither side is really willing to compromise. Prime example: The 'committee' that was supposed to come up with some serious budget cuts, or, automatic cuts would be implemented instead. Guess what, they couldn't come up with the middle ground...... Now, they are passing legislation to get around the "or else" clauses that were put into the budget balancing bill in the first place. Nice huh?

Yeah, that, I think was a sham to begin with. Just something to diffuse the heat they were getting. What they aught to have done was link their pay to their progress and that would end a lot of their grandstanding.

What I reckon would really be interesting is if the "States" in the "United States" were to become a whole lot more independant ... let those who can't make it sink and those who can swim let them swim.

I have heard Texans in particular say a number of times that they're first Texans and then Americans.

Well let the States that want to follow their "own path" whatever that may be, do so.

At the end of the day those who make it let them man their borders with orders to shoot to kill those want to invade their space cos they're didn't have the smarts to succeed.

Question is, do you live in a State that's going to make it ?

So then KVN you don't have to worry about the whole country being in fear or rage ... only a couple of places.

Why not have an ISA - Independant States of America ?

Think about it, then your State doesn't have to Abortion Laws etc., if they don't want them and those who want legalised gay marriages and Euthanasia can do so freely ... hey, the best one is if some

bunch of nuts out there in the world decide to rock the boat only the States that want to go to war do so, and you don't have to.

And if a State formulates a plan on Health Care, education etc., and it works you can adopt it, and ignore the ones who try their plans and fail.

You can always sign a treaty that should a foreign invader attack any State in the Independant States of America that then you will stand together.

Hmmm maybe only in a parrallel world ?

Here are two links one from John Cleese and the other from Wikipedia ... enjoy.

Revocation of Independance ... John Cleese

Secessionism in the USA

Edited by Nintii

What I reckon would really be interesting is if the "States" in the "United States" were to become a whole lot more independant ... let those who can't make it sink and those who can swim let them swim.

I have heard Texans in particular say a number of times that they're first Texans and then Americans.

Well let the States that want to follow their "own path" whatever that may be, do so.

At the end of the day those who make it let them man their borders with orders to shoot to kill those want to invade their space cos they're didn't have the smarts to succeed.

Question is, do you live in a State that's going to make it ?

So then KVN you don't have to worry about the whole country being in fear or rage ... only a couple of places.

Why not have an ISA - Independant States of America ?

Think about it, then your State doesn't have to Abortion Laws etc., if they don't want them and those who want legalised gay marriages and Euthanasia can do so freely ... hey, the best one is if some

bunch of nuts out there in the world decide to rock the boat only the States that want to go to war do so, and you don't have to.

And if a State formulates a plan on Health Care, education etc., and it works you can adopt it, and ignore the ones who try their plans and fail.

You can always sign a treaty that should a foreign invader attack any State in the Independant States of America that then you will stand together.

Hmmm maybe only in a parrallel world ?

Here are two links one from John Cleese and the other from Wikipedia ... enjoy.

Revocation of Independance ... John Cleese

Secessionism in the USA

If I remember my history correctly, I believe something similar happened a while back, and look how that turned out. :confused:

Edited by IndorilTheGreat