Installing problem

Narynzine

I just got Bloodmoon today, i put it in the cd drive and it won't autorun and the setup file won't install either.

I have Morrowing installed on a slave drive, not my main one so i'm guessing it thinks that it isn't installed.

How do i make it install on my slave drive? I don't want to have to reinstall everything on my main one.

Can't do anything without knowing the error message you're getting. If this is an autorun problem (Nothing happens when you only insert the disk), go into Autorun.inf on the CD root and find the line containing the name of the autorun executable. I don't have my Bloodmoon CD handy, but I think that the application it points to is Setup.exe... Even though there's an Autorun.exe just sitting there... Which doesn't make any sense at all...

Marxist ßastard continues to rant for half an hour. For the sake of the general public's sanity, he has, in a moment of mercy, cut that rant short. Consider yourself lucky.

...And that's why Gouda is the best cheese, even if I'm not confident in my method of spelling it.

So... If this is a problem that occurs after the executable has started, a dirty disc may be to blame. Grab a toothbrush and a small amount of toothpaste. If the disc is six to eight months old, use only a pea-sized amount of toothpaste. If it is younger, consult a physician. Use scalding water to soften the bristles of the implement and brush the reflective side of the disc in one direction -- do not brush it in a circular motion. When you're relatively confident in the work you've done, brush it in a direction nearly perpendicular to the direction you used before, using the same method. When you're done, rinse the CD and dry it with a clean cloth.

The drive containing Morrowind or the Bloodmoon installation disc having a slave setting most likely isn't your problem. To my knowledge, if the drive is adequate, it doesn't matter at all.

Oookayy.... :huh:

Errm, it was to do with my slave drive. Whwnever i tried to install it it said that morrowind wasn't installed(the setup seems to be obsessed with installing only to the C drive and no other).

I tried for ages to try to get it to install to my E drive and finally gave up.

Ended up having to install morrowind, tribunal and all my mods onto my main drive so i could install Bloodmoon.

Damn nuisance....

Archived