NPC Face Change mod only leave the old face discoloured

Tharbad123

This one has been driving me crackers for a while now.

If I say, change an NPC's face or I install a mod that does it, I always seem to get the old face but discoloured to the body.

For example, Hotter Whiterun has a really nice Hulda I want to use but on installing the mod she remains looking like the same Hulda but with a darker face.

If I try and change say Lydia's hair I get the same Lydia but with the old hair and a darker face.

I did however manage to change Lisette's hair to an Apachii one and that worked, yes I got the face dark but exporting the facegen worked this time, so Lisette is fine.

I tried the same with Hroki but got the old problem.

the Hotter Whiterun mod lets you download and install individual ones and some work and some don't. For instance the Uthgerd one works, so does Irileth. Olfina doesnt; like Hulda.

Now I thought it might be an AI or stat problem so opening up the Hulda.esp in the Creation Kit, I changed Hulda's Level back to 1 - but this didn't work, either.

I am not an expert modder by any stretch of the imagination but being in I.T. I do understand how they work for the most part. I have got the hand of deleting facegen, nif's and even editing esp's in TESVsnip to overcome problems. This problem though is proving to be an absolute pain.

I hope somebody can help.

Cheers!

Xotana

I went onto the Apachii mod page.

I downloaded the main file manually but all it gives me is a zip identical to the one I already have.

The only optional file is the Vanilla colour one

Which additional files to you refer to?

Could you be a bit more specific?

Thanks

I did download manually (I explained that above)

There are no other files but the one optional file for vanilla colour.

So which THREE additional files do you mean?

What are they called?

It's no use telling me go to the mod page and saying you will see them as I don't know what I am supposed to be looking for

Come on , be a bit more specific here.

Irony really want to change everybody's hair to Apachii, I like some the way they are.

But Ill try the fixe first. If I need to use the overhaul, I'll see if I can snip the ones out with TESVsnip

I'll let you know how I get on

Thanks for your help

The fix only works after you install NPC overhaul (I guess)....but feel free to try it without it. You may get lucky.

Anytime you need help just let me know. I'm limited as to these issues but always willing to help.