Settlement auto-issued gear from boxes

stebbinsd

Imagine being able to fill boxes with weapons and armor, and then set them so that new settlers will get a full stash of gear automatically whenever they move to the new settlement. This would certainly be easier than having to equip each settler individually, wouldn't it?

We could make it so that each new settler would be programmed to take one random item out of each box. However, if I have seven boxes and each one of them are filled exclusively with different armor parts (e.g. one box for helmets, one for chest pieces, etc.), then the new settlers would take and equip a full suit of armor as long as there are enough boxes.

Giving them a bunch of ammo that matches their assigned weapon, on the other hand, might be a bit trickier. We would probably need hundreds of boxes dedicated exclusively to ammo if they are only programmed to take one item out of each box. Maybe it would be easier if we just filled the "weapons" box with melee weapons.

Anyone else second this request?

I found a mod that seems to be a manual-activated version of this. The settlers don't get their own gear, but you outfit a manequin <sp?> and then use a gun to duplicate that outfit on any settler that you want.

https://bethesda.net/en/mods/FALLOUT4/mod-detail/4057694

I've been having some major FO4 issues lately so have not had a chance to try it out but it looks promising.