Some help creating a perk?

LX6R

I am using the mod agony.

This mod comes with an effect called open wounds that applies when you use a surgery kit. I want this effect to be applied when I reach 40% health. Can someone help me creating a perk for that? I have really absolutely no idea how to do it.

Steps I know:

Load Fallout 4 and agony (active file) in creation kit.

Go to perks.

That's the point where I have no idea how to do the stuff :X

IIrc there should be a potion form thats used when needed fro script, so you should look for potion that has openwound in name. Then see what magic effects it has (most likely more than one). They will be fire and forget type, but you wont be able to use them for your case, so you duplicate each of the and change casting type to constant effect, also check no duration checkbox. Then in spells category you create new ability type spell and add all your duplicated constant effect type magic effects. give them same magnitudes as in original potion. And now most important part. inside spell you open each magic effect entry and set following condition: GetValuePercent || Health || < || 0.4. Then you create new perk, add new entry and for ability choose your ability spell. Then add that perk on player and thats all.

• 4 weeks later...

IIrc there should be a potion form thats used when needed fro script, so you should look for potion that has openwound in name. Then see what magic effects it has (most likely more than one). They will be fire and forget type, but you wont be able to use them for your case, so you duplicate each of the and change casting type to constant effect, also check no duration checkbox. Then in spells category you create new ability type spell and add all your duplicated constant effect type magic effects. give them same magnitudes as in original potion. And now most important part. inside spell you open each magic effect entry and set following condition: GetValuePercent || Health || < || 0.4. Then you create new perk, add new entry and for ability choose your ability spell. Then add that perk on player and thats all.

Sounds like "Yeah just open CK and do this and that.

I tried, but failed.

I have explained step by step how you can achieve what you want and you dont think that "iirc" in beginning of that response means that I dont know exactly what Im talking about, I was working on agony and made various mechanics for it, so you just needed to carefully follow what I wrote. You either not reading carefully or opened ck first time. If its second one then I cannot give any more detailed explanation, you need to learn some basics of how to use ck first. Just watch some tutorials.

Also. "I tried, but failed" doesnt mean anything in this case, if you want additional help you should provide additional information on what part you failed. Now it sounds like "I was too lazy to do all that"

Edited by shavkacagarikia

I have explained step by step how you can achieve what you want and you dont think that "iirc" in beginning of that response means that I dont know exactly what Im talking about, I was working on agony and made various mechanics for it, so you just needed to carefully follow what I wrote. You either not reading carefully or opened ck first time. If its second one then I cannot give any more detailed explanation, you need to learn some basics of how to use ck first. Just watch some tutorials.

Also. "I tried, but failed" doesnt mean anything in this case, if you want additional help you should provide additional information on what part you failed. Now it sounds like "I was too lazy to do all that"

I'm so sorry, reading it now my answer to you sounded completely rude, which it wasn't meant to be at all.

I have like zero clue about working in the CK (all I did was changing some values of armors and stuff like that)

1. I loeaded FO4.esm and Agony (active file)

2. Found 1MK_OpenWoundEffect in potion

3. It has three effects, which are like you said fire and forget

Now here my problem begins: When I click on the effects, I see the type, but I cannot edit it. Is there another category I don't find where I can edit these effects? I checked in Magic Spells but doesn't seem like I can find them. Is there something I don't see?

Edited by JohnnyTest91

Okay, I am dumb. I searched for the Effect name which is displayed in the potion list, not the actual effect name displayed when you edit it. Once I found that, the rest was doable.

I am now at the point where I need to add the perk to my player. I am a little bit confused how to do that.

Edited by JohnnyTest91

For testing purposes you can add item via console commands.

When you want to make perk to be added on player, there are several ways. it depends when you want it to be added. I'll explain how you can do it when your save is loaded.

You create a new quest, you check start game enabled checkbox and also check run once. then go to scripts tab, add new script and inside write

Perk Property myperk Auto Const

Event OnQuestInit()
 Game.Getplayer().addperk(myperk)
endevent

Fill myperk property with your perk. Thats all.

But there are more simple way to do it if you lets say want it to be added by a book. Just mae new book, choose Addperk there and then choose your perk. Drop it somewhere in the world and when you pick up it, the perk will be added

So I created a psc file in notepad++

Scriptname MyPerkScript extends Quest

Perk Property MK_Bleeding_Perk Auto Const

Event OnQuestInit()
 Game.Getplayer().addperk(MK_Bleeding_Perk)
endevent

Someone told me to add the line to the top and an empty line to the bottom.

Saved the script file to Data\Script\Source\User\

Then I searched it in CK in the Papyrus Script Manager and right clicked and compile

But it gives me Failed to create project file

CK Warning says SCRIPTS: Cannot open store for class "MyPerkScript", missing file?
Edit: Fixed it. After restarting the CK, the script compiled
Edited by JohnnyTest91