Need help getting Meshe / Texture replacers working with Mod Organizer.

[Edit: Meshe? damn it.]

Recently started re-modding Oblivion with Mod Organizer, just today set up Oblivion Mod Manager to work alongside to install Omod files. Also got OBSE and Character Overhaul to work.

However, I tried to activate a replacer texture for the Minotaur Lord. (Painted one here: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44197/?tab=files ) But they refused to show up in-game.

I have one downloaded in Mod Organizer, and a copy downloaded in OMOD. The Mod Organizer one does nothing. The OMOD one works, but it leaves files in the overwrite folder in Mod Organizer, which is just messy. If I clear the overwrite folder, neither copies work. I've made sure Automatic Archive Invalidation is active for all profiles, MO is allowed to Manage Archives, and Oblivion - Invalidation appears at the top of MO's archive list. But still, no luck.

TLDR: Mesh and Texture replacers do not work in-game when installed in Mod Organizer.

Any idea whats going on? Google isn't doing me any good. I also plan to use some body mods later, but that seems unlikely now.

Also, dunno if this is related- but someone had an issue with their BSAs being too up to date so they wouldn't use any loose files or something? I dunno what that's supposed to mean, and I would've tried that but I have no idea how to edit the dates and I'm afraid I'll break something.

All of them say: Date Modified: 6/16/2018. Except for Invalidation.bsa, which is 6/23/2018.

Thank you for any help, and let me know if I need to clear anything up!

Edited by RustyShackleford69

Yeah, that will easily disable any attempts at using override resources from loose files very effectively. Unless the replacement files are dated even newer than 6/16/2018 now, none of them will ever have a chance to work, Archive Invalidation applied or not.

This is a common issue with the BSAs being written by Steam, or similar digital distributors. You said you're already using OBMM? Then this should be easily fixed. Open OBMM, go to "Utilities" on the right side bar, then "Archive Invalidation" (I think), and on the dialog opening up then just click "Reset BSA time stamps" once, and you're done. Or you should be, if there isn't something else you'll have to do when it's done with Mod Organizer. But you'll likely have to direct all MO-related questions at the MO support team or the tool's own comments sections, if you want an answer in a timely fashion.

For Mod Organizer (at least version 1, no idea about version 2), there is also a button in settings, in the workarounds tab, that says "Back-date BSAs" and does the same thing the OBMM one does (change the BSA dates to an earlier date). So either one works for changing the timestamps. :thumbsup:

EDIT!: Nevermind! No idea if it worked! Just loaded back up OBMM and it was still active! Seems it didn't deactivate the texture since it refuses to close... ugh...

Whoo! That worked! I used the Mod Organizer one and the Minotaur textures from MO are working. Thanks a ton! Hopefully it works for meshes as well.

Though, now my OBMM refuses to shut down. I just get an error message whenever I try. Thankfully Task Manager can still do it. Any ideas on that?

Also I gotta try this with New Vegas! I had a similar issue there as well. EDIT: Well, that didn't work. Maybe I'll set up NMM with MO and see if it would work through there?

Edited by RustyShackleford69

The crash dump:

Monday, June 25, 2018 - 2:47:18 PM

1.1.12 (Safe mode)
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Type: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
Error message: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\data\Textures\Creatures\Minotaur'.
Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Delete()
at OblivionModManager.MainForm.TidyDataFolder()
at OblivionModManager.MainForm.MainForm_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I decided to add a minotaur folder in my data folder, then OBMM says its missing a clothing folder. And the Minotaur folder disappears as well, leading me back to the previous error message. Ugh. What a pain...