Speed loader glitch fix?

thebulletproofvip

• 1 year later...

Nolanoth - Hello!

"Wish there was a fix..."

There is Speedloader Glitch Fix:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18726/?

The bug is really two separate things, one is a problem with the vanilla equip animations which that mod fixes with a download.

The other, the speedloader appears when the weapon is dropped, is a problem in the model itself. It's probably inherited from modders using the vanilla non scoped Magnum as a base & is due to an incorrectly set invisibility flag.

The mod Description page in the above link lists a fix for that too using Nifskope that's really simple.

Look for "(5) Fix for SpeedLoader appearing on weapon when dropped"

Hope this helps!

Prensa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

flamenx01 - Hello!

"Which mod is this a problem for?"

It's a bug that crops up in vanilla revolvers like the.44 Magnum & any mod added revolver using the same animations.

I eventually found it was caused by two things, one being a problem with the equip animations & posted some fixed files.

To add to the problem many modders use the non scoped .44 as a base since it's got no scope attached but it was only intended for non player use (Mysterious Stranger) & thus has a few settings not turned on properly.

This version of the bug shows up as the speedloader displaying when the weapon is dropped, easily fixed with a tweak of the model in Nifskope.

Prensa

Edited by prensa

• 1 month later...

thebulletproofvip - Hello!

"@prensa Thanks a lot"

Happy to have helped!

"That's exactly what I've been looking for since this game came out"

You wouldn't believe how many times I tried to fix it, I just didn't have the knowledge until much later.

I don't think many have spotted my fix for it. :)

Prensa