SKSE64 won't work

Fixadent

Downloaded the latest version of SKSE64 from the silverstock page, dragged and dropped all of the files over to the folder in PC/Local Disk/program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/skyrim special edition , and am booting the game using the SKSE64 launcher, load my save, and it says that SKSE64 is "not installed".

You really should have put your steam & games somewhere other than program files x86, usually in c drive in a folder you name games. If you R click & drop to administrator privileges you may be able to start, providing you followed the read me in the SKSE D/L.

Any case, you want to right click on skse64_loader.exe go to properties, then Compatibility, and at the bottom, check Run this Program as Admin. That may also fix it. But you may want to double check your mod manager, etc.

One piece of advice, it is best to do one of two things. Well, the second won't matter if you don't have extra hard drives in your system. However, since I had problems in the past with games and Program Files, and even Program Files (x86), I decided early on to make a new folder, and put my games there. When I got better mother boards, and more drives, I decided later on to make new folders on separate drives to play my games. I have one folder for steam games, another other games. And they work fairly well like that. The last time I redid my hard drive, I didn't even put steam under program files x86, I placed it in Steam folder by itself.

Okay, moving the game is relatively easy. Getting Steam to see it, etc. well, that can be a problem. However, there are tools that can help with things. Steam tools, I think, is the name of the tool. Google should confirm this.