Map MenuMode?

lywzc

I want to create a instant (or nearly) fast travel script.

I have tried two mods on the site but they do not always work, so I decide to create my own.

My approach is to create an item that boosts my speed, equip it when I fast travel, unequip it when done.

I tried menumode 1023 to specify the map menu, but a problem occured.

It seems that the confirm dialog ( Do you wan to travel to xxx?) is not part of the map menu. So when the confirm dialog appears, the item is unequipped.

Any idea?

I have never thought about how to implement anything like that, however I think I might have an idea on how to determine the menu code of a currently open menu. Assuming a MenuMode script block without the menu code defined always runs in all menus (even that confirmation popup, which I have no idea if it does, but it would be worth a try), one could try the GetActiveMenuMode function from OBSE. For example, something like this (untested, just an idea):

scriptname YourMenuCodeQuestScript

float fQuestDelayTime

begin _MenuMode
    let fQuestDelayTime := 1.0  ; run once a second, default is once every five seconds I think
    PrintToConsole "MenuCode = " + $( GetActiveMenuMode )
end

first I want to say I am sorry I come late,

been busy this past few days... so when I check this thread, it is already been released

good job !

welcome to the modding world :)

but if you want, there is already an expert modder that solve that instant travel here --> http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=6769202