Return of The Mythic Dawn - MODDERS NEEDED!

birusk

Hello lads and lasses. Me and one of my friends are planning to do a fully voice-acted Mythic Dawn mod which will eventually come with a questline. We need scripters and Master Users with the creation kit. Any help will be appreciated, you can send your Messenger address by PM to me if you're interested.

Note: This is a serious and a long business. So we need serious people.

Edited by birusk

If you're serious about it you need to show that you're serious about it. Give people information. What's your and your friend's role in the project? What work has been done so far? What specific Creation Kit work do you need help with that you can't do yourself?

'Hey we want to make a cool quest mod and we need people' isn't going to attract many people. Random people come up with those kind of forum posts every day, and most of those projects never get started or finished. If you want people to work on your project you need to convince them that it's a well organized project lead by a skillful modder that is likely to succeed.

Edited by Povuholo

If you're serious about it you need to show that you're serious about it. Give people information. What's your and your friend's role in the project? What work has been done so far? What specific Creation Kit work do you need help with that you can't do yourself?

'Hey we want to make a cool quest mod and we need people' isn't going to attract many people. Random people come up with those kind of forum posts every day, and most of those projects never get started or finished. If you want people to work on your project you need to convince them that it's a well organized project lead by a skillful modder that is likely to succeed.

Well sad Mr ;)

Pardon my french, but that's total idiotic bullcrap. As you can see, this is just an idea, for now. If you really want to do something about this, or if you want some decent info about the mod's plan or scenario, you can surely ask me via PM before drooling in the thread. As for your helping attitude, sniffy ignorants like you make me sick, so if you don't want me to talk more severely, buzz off.

Edited by birusk

Pardon my french, but that's total idiotic bullcrap. As you can see, this is just an idea, for now. If you really want to do something about this, or if you want some decent info about the mod's plan or scenario, you can surely ask me via PM before drooling in the thread. As for your helping attitude, sniffy ignorants like you make me sick, so if you don't want me to talk more severely, buzz off.

To be fair I think he/she has a point. No need to get that attitude with him/her, they were only giving you a bit of constructive criticism to help you attract more people to help you with the mod.

Its not idiotic bullcrap, its legitimate advice that you should seriously consider following if you want this mod or any other mod that requires a team effort for completion to succeed. Im guessing he posted this because sooo many people come on to these forums and post very vague 'help wanted' threads without revealing much information at all. If you want people to consider joining your team they have to know that you are serious with this project, and the best way to do that is to show them some screenshots of work you have already done. This could be completed assets, or even just screenshots of ingame dialogue/quests/new areas. They also need to know that you can contribute to the team, possibly with another skill than just 'voice acting,' as a team leader definitly needs to have more skills than just voice acting alone.

Anyway just some food for thought, dont hate on others who are trying to help you.

Its not idiotic bullcrap, its legitimate advice that you should seriously consider following if you want this mod or any other mod that requires a team effort for completion to succeed. Im guessing he posted this because sooo many people come on to these forums and post very vague 'help wanted' threads without revealing much information at all. If you want people to consider joining your team they have to know that you are serious with this project, and the best way to do that is to show them some screenshots of work you have already done. This could be completed assets, or even just screenshots of ingame dialogue/quests/new areas. They also need to know that you can contribute to the team, possibly with another skill than just 'voice acting,' as a team leader definitly needs to have more skills than just voice acting alone.

Anyway just some food for thought, dont hate on others who are trying to help you.

If he or she had spoken with a more gentle touch, I would not have to go this hard on him or her. If someone is going to speak me like that, they should be aware of what is coming to them. End of discussion.

Edited by birusk

Since you're new here, you should learn to accept the community. Every once in a while, some newbies jump in here and say "I WANT TO MAKE A GREAT AND EPIC MOD AND I NEED A LOT OF SERIOUS PEOPLE TO HELP ME." And most of them opt-out within a week. It's natural for people to ignore these threads. Povuholo basically stated good advice and you were trippin and cryin over it. If you're really making a serious mod , at least put some details and tell about the mod's storyline or background. That's pretty unoriginal to grab a name from Oblivion as your mod title, but some may turn out well. This sounds like a typical quest mod, but you make it like you're trying to make a game or massive overhaul. You're either trolling or you're just naive to think that good people are going to help you because your snotty retalliations at people's advice make this a high-qualitied mod blueprint. No. Just no. You're blindly aiming at nothing. Different people are interested in different things and you're simply stating that you're making some mod and you need lots of people. Ideas? Who would give a damn?

"Note: This is a serious and a long business. So we need serious people."

Are you people deaf or daft? I said, if you wanted more details about the mod there is a PM button over there. If you're too blind to see it, then we have nothing to talk about. Blow it. You have no idea what I'm talking about since I can see the prejudicial manners in your post 'cause I am ''new here''. Bah.

Whatever, I give up man. I'm surrounded by total idiots.