Tips 'n Tricks

Xionith

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure you should put it on the forums. I offered it around once before and got no takers so perhaps no one is interested. Keep it for reference. Both UESP and UHS have quest lists that people can refer to, though not in so accessible a format. I have sent copies to a couple of interested parties. If the feeling changes post it via a link 'if you want a complete list of quests go 'here'' and then bury it somewhere where you can't turn it up by accident.

BTW were there any quests on the list new to you?

To get a gem with a golden saint early on the best thing is to buy a scroll of summon golden saint and a soul trap spell and do the enchanters rats quest in Vivec (miscellaneous, he rewards you with a grand soul gem). Summon the saint, use the soul trap and zippo!

Even better would be to complete Azura's quest and get her reward. But at level 2 it would be heavy going. With the amulet of shadows, a daedric bow and the amulet of levitate - perhaps. You only have to take out Staada the golden saint, the other daedric summonings can be ignored. Then you have a rechargeable soul gem.

However even if you have the soul gems suitably filled, constant effect enchantments would cost more than most level two characters could afford.

PM me about the Azura's quest/s (not sure...) please. Lol, I am a quite capable level 2 characyet.... I have Cuirass of the Saviors Hide, and glass armor. BOBS, and amulet of shadows, and of course 140K. Still I wanted to spend that money on master trainers, so I am not sure. Anyway, just PM me the info about those quests to get Azura's Star.

Yes, there were MANY quests that were new to me, I haven't even completed main quest yet though... Also it's perfect 'cause I can see the quests but it doesn't spoil anything!

Here's a tip. Complete the Balmora Mages guild quests and get the souldrinker dagger. Use it to fill the highest quality soul gems you can find with the highest creatures you can find and sell them to the creeper. An atronach (there is one in the Vassir-Didanat mine) is worth about 4000 septims. If you trap golden saints etc the price becomes too high to be practical to sell so set your sights a bit lower and you'll soon be rolling in money.

Weightless Daedric Armor

For those of you treasure hunters who want good armor but still have lots of room to carry your items, try this trick (so far, I'm too lazy to go actualy test it to the full extent, but I know for some items it works)

Find a set of exquisite clothes, complete with belt, rings, and an amulet. Don't worry about the shoes though.

Accuire 6 Grand Soul Gems and put Golden Saints into them.

Find the following summoning Spells:

Bound Cuirass

Bound Greaves

Bound Boots

Bound Bound Helm

Bound Weapon (whichever one you prefer)

You've got one more piece of clothing and one more soulgem, put whatever you want into that one, my reccomendation would be to have a Bound Longbow.

Now, go get lots of money for some enchanting fun. Enchant each article of clothing with a Constant Effect Summon Bound <equipment>. Now if you equip the clothing, the armor will automatically appear on you, and won't go away as long as the clothes stay on you. And the best part is, they're weightless!

Like I said though, this is untested because, well, I'm lazy. I figured this out after I enchanted a ring with a CE bound Mace, which cost only 15 enchant points. I don't know what exquisite clothes cost, nor do I know what a CE bound cuirass, greaves, etc etc costs. Maybe one day I'll test it.

• 3 weeks later...

when you start a new character you can easily make 2k in seyda neen

just steal things in the census house and drop them before the gaurd gets to you. there is a limeware platter worth 650 septims. I know it's not much but for a starting character it's enough to get started.

when you start a new character you can easily make 2k in seyda neen

just steal things in the census house and drop them before the gaurd gets to you. there is a limeware platter worth 650 septims. I know it's not much but for a starting character it's enough to get started.

best way to do this is stand infront of the shelves open inventory pick everything up and throw it on the floor. and dont put it in your inventory until the guard talks to you.

Alkali Beast's earlier post deleted. This is a thread on tips for players not what happened by chance to you. I'm a bit doubtful about your other post but I'll let it go. Other moderators may feel differently.

Alkali Beast's earlier post deleted. This is a thread on tips for players not what happened by chance to you. I'm a bit doubtful about your other post but I'll let it go. Other moderators may feel differently.

i am pretty sure that it will work with anyone.. very sure...

• 2 weeks later...
Those of you who want glass armour early on should seek out the unmarked shipwreck. There's crate of the stuff just waiting to be picked up. For some reason it does not appear to be on the UESP list unless I missed it.