Custom Voice not working

scottmack

I've made a companion to go with a player home and have tried giving him custom voiced dialogue. I have no idea where im going wrong, The file records fine, Lip files are generated and I can listen to the voice clip I have recorded if I open it but it wont play in game? I've double checked its location and file name and all are fine so as far as im aware it should be working? Anybody know what im missing? :psyduck:

Did you assign the same voice type to your follower as you assigned to the voice files you created?

Are the conditions on the dialog topics set up so that are met and return TRUE at the proper time?

Is your quest "enabled on start?"

Are you experiencing lag? Quests often won't start if the game is lagging even a little bit.

Do you have aliases and quest flags? One bad quest flag and all the dialog in your whole quest will be broken.

Yeah the right voice type is assigned.

Not to sure what is meant by this, but the text dialogue will show up just not the voice.

It is indeed

No im not experiencing any lag as of now

No there arent any aliases and quest flags, the speech is set up in dialogue views and isnt related to a ingame quest, could this be the issue? Do I need aliases to get it working?

I have had an odd thing occur that if I record the voice for a new topic I just created after setting conditions without closing and reopening, the voice file will not save properly or something. I always have to close the topic, open it back up, then record and I am usually good.

I am also having an issue where the follower text prompts appear but my custom follower does not say the text although she says quest text and I did the same methods. The only DialogueFollower text she will say is the location key triggered ones, which is kind of weird. So I'm curious for an answer on this one too.

What is the volume level on your recording microphone? Could your recorded dialog be too quiet to hear? Try opening it in ALO or Audacity or whatever you use and verifying that the volume peaks on your oscilloscope screen are near the top and bottom (maximum volume allowable without distortion.) Compare it to a vanilla Skyrim sound file for reference.

Triple check your directory paths to your sound files. You can do this by going and checking for the presence of your .lip files on every line of dialog.

Verify that your sound files are in 44100 Khz 16bit mono. You can verify this by generating .lip files.

If you have already refuzed your .wav and .lip files into .fuz files, then that part of the process may have gone wrong and need to be redone.

Don't mess with aliases and quest flags unless you need them. They will break things if you don't watch out.

There are numerous reported instances of .wav files not playing in mods on other people's computers other than the one where they were created. They have to be made into .fuz files before they will work on those computers. It seems plausible that on some computers, the .wav files would not even work on the computer they were recorded on.