Cant get animation to show in-game

biggestkid

By nonereplacer files I meant that the CK will read any animation files placed inside the games animation folder, whatever they are named.

here i'm looking at rightaimloop, which is my own file but it eventually replaces staffmagicright_chargeloop because that is the 'aiming' animation for a staff. You can see there are no weapons being held in the CK it's just for previewing the animation, but combined with a new staffmagic_chargeloop (left), ingame result.

it's just for testing out your animations to see if they work OK without having to boot up the game.

So if your new custom staff walk/run animations are playing in the CK that would be a good sign it will work in game.

Nonreplacer animations arn't possible. This just saves time having to delete an existing file and copy&pasting the file name every time I edit an animation.

Could be a mistake in your folder path if you made it yourself? Try unpacking all the animations files from the .BSA.

I dont think its a pathing issue, as when i rename it to mt_jump it works, it just doesnt work as one of the staffmagicright_walkarm or _runarm animations.

Are there any other animations that you guys think will affect the way a character will walk with a staff? If so maybe i could have a go at editing some of them.

Thanks,

big

Why it's work as mt_jump but not as staffmagicright_walkarm ?

Answer: mt_jump.hkx is defined in 0_master.hkx as an animation event which is connected directly as actor's action in CK.

While staffmagicright_walkarm.hkx listed in 0_master.hkx, it isn't defined as animation event. I still believe it's defined as floating animation. Listen, the name is critical.

Edited by xp32