Post editing not taking effect

mojodajojo

Probably settings borked on my end, but I've never had trouble editing a post before.

I use Firefox 12.0

I tried the quick editor 3 times to no avail. and then the full editor a couple times. Full editor would act like it was edited, but it wouldn't take effect on the forums.

Edit: Ok... I went back and heavily edited that post instead of just the one word. Every thing took effect but the original word I was trying to change (which it still won't change.) I can't change the word "have" to "of".

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/618652-oblivion-over-skyrim/page__st__30

I originally typed "Then balance issues would have course ensue..."

And I can't change the "have" to of. It's not that I really care if this is ever changed. I just found it strange and thought I'd document it as best I could.

That is so weird... I don't know how many times I changed that single word. Then it changing everything else in the post but not changing that word for me was even weirder.

Try using the full editor on the forums, not the quick editor....quick editor can cause issues.

When the problem arose I made sure to use the full editor several times, because I remembered seeing you or some other mod mention that in another thread. With the full editor it would say the post was edited, but it wouldn't actually do it. Then when I tried to edit several other things in the post later it edited those fine but left the change to that one word out. /shrug

Lol, ok, maybe I'm losing my mind. I just went back to that post (and using the full editor) I deleted the orange nonsense surrounding the "of" Thandal had inserted along with the of. I typed "of" again. I submitted it. It said it had been edited, but I see not the orange "of'" and not the new non-orange... I see the original

Then balance issues would "have" course ensue...

Edit: Lol, and I tried again. I previewed the post. It shows in the preview that it will be switched to "of" then it says it's edited it. Then it's still "have". I reload the page. It's still "have". Ok, I dunno. I guess I broke the internetz.

try a control f5 for a page refresh you may be loading from cache.

Just went and edited other stuff in the post. Other stuff edits just fine just like before.

So I went back in full editor changed have to of. It says it's edited the post but it's done nothing and it still says have. I hit control F5 and nothing still says have.

Purty weird.

Yep it is weird, as it works for me and thandal.

Which browser any addons that might be causing a legacy rewrite.