Interview with an eight yr old

Glhadiator

I was playing MOH when I was seven, and that didn't screw me up. Then again, I never believed in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny either, so maybe I'm just more attached to reality.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares that the game is rated M??? For goodness sakes, it should be rated T! The worst thing in the game is beheading, and the worst curse word is probably ba*****... Seriously, the game is so unworthy of the rating of M that the nexus site has a specific set of 'adult only' mods! Would they do that if they thought the game was adult enough? Probably not. This game is not that adult. And, even if it was, I honestly think little kids would STILL play it. These days, ratings mean nothing to parents and children. If it's rated M, and a parent says there's no content deemed bad for a 10 year old, a 10 year old will play that game, regardless of the M rating. If there's an E10 game, that's considered terrible for a 10 year old, then a 10 year old WON'T play it, despite the E10 rating. The rating means nothing. it's the content, and Skyrim's content is (to me) far from being Mature material. Edited by BeastlyBeast

My 14yo son loves playing Skyrim -- and I guess he's lucky he is 14, as Skyrim is rated R13 here !!?? (Taken from mightyape store: Restricted 13. Contains violence and offensive language)

He likes playing as a Khajit vampire (it's the same character he has used since Morrowind).

Age restriction is always a tricky beast, as different people have different levels of maturity in things -- still don't know when I'll be grown up! ; )

Best wishes to k's adventures

It's been my experience that most console and PC games are tame. It's the multiplayer online that I'd be careful of with minors. The language alone is enough to make even me blush and I was in the Army for 26 years. Vanilla Skyrim is very tame and there is no multiplay so it's all good. Something like the GTA series is a different story. ;)

It's been my experience that most console and PC games are tame. It's the multiplayer online that I'd be careful of with minors. The language alone is enough to make even me blush and I was in the Army for 26 years. Vanilla Skyrim is very tame and there is no multiplay so it's all good. Something like the GTA series is a different story. ;)

Retired Navy for me. Yeah...she's not even allowed to go on the internet unsupervised. There are just too many predators out ther just prowling around.

I personally don't care for forums or chat sites. The Nexus seems to be a cut above what is out there. Sure they have some adult content but they strive to seperate it from the general material. Currently they are working to improve that even more. I find that appealing. Instead of just caving in to one groups view and squashing creativity they strive to make it work for all.

Censorship is the guardians' responsibility. No one can guide the child better. Censorship requires explanation and reasoning, otherwise it promotes mystery and desire to explore without your knowledge in a young mind. I think we can all admit we have discovery and exploration stories from our childhood. This is normal in a child. Our thinking is not to act like they won't explore if we just censor everything, but guide them instead. Otherwise what is wisdom for if not to guide and teach those in search of knowledge?

K still has many restrictions. You won't see her here on the Nexus. She wishes it were otherwise but understands she isn't ready yet. She is really enjoying the responses she has received to her interview that I relate to her. She finds the idea of Modding fascinating and the people authoring them incredible. She makes me read Mod descriptions to her over and over. Then says' "I'm gonna do that."

Again my thanks go out to your wonderful responses and to all the wonderful creators out there inspiring my granddaughter to think and believe in herself. Your work does more than just get used. It inspires the gift of creativity.:thumbsup:

Glhadiator, fistbump to a fellow vet. Your last post... truly words of wisdom. I'm not usually that big into forums either but this one has been extremely helpful. The maturity factor seems higher here as well.

Sounds like you've got a very smart young lady there. Good luck to you and yours.

Imma go play Skyrim now... :biggrin: