Can't put items in diplay cases.

Alatureon

Hi there guys! I can't put items in those "cupboard style" display cases. I tried using decorator assistant, or just the z key, but nothing works. I don't know if this matters, but the problem is happening in that display cases of the armory of glenvar castle, in the opposite wall to the entrance to the secret vault. Thanks for the attention.

Did you open the cabinet first? Hit space to open. Then use the z key to place the item.

Yes, i did just that. opened it and moved the item... nothing worked.

If it's the "Fine Cupboard" that can be bought from Imperial Furniture, it's impossible to put anything in it, I've never even seen a mod released with it that has anything in it prior to the player getting it.

There's something wrong with its collision. Objects collide with its "empty space".

I'd love to get a definitive answer from somewhere who's intimate with the design of this piece of furniture: where it came from, whether it's originally from Bethesda, what it's object specs are, and if it's possible to change them?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/otherstuff/oblivion/Oblivion33-2.jpg

Did you open the cabinet first? Hit space to open. Then use the z key to place the item.

Yes, i did just that. opened it and moved the item... nothing worked.

If it's the "Fine Cupboard" that can be bought from Imperial Furniture, it's impossible to put anything in it, I've never even seen a mod released with it that has anything in it prior to the player getting it.

There's something wrong with its collision. Objects collide with its "empty space".

I'd love to get a definitive answer from somewhere who's intimate with the design of this piece of furniture: where it came from, whether it's originally from Bethesda, what it's object specs are, and if it's possible to change them?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/otherstuff/oblivion/Oblivion33-2.jpg

My problem is just the same, but it happens with the cupboards that already exist on the armory of glenvar castle. However i have imperial furniture mod instaled... maybe that problem affects every other cupboards in the game... i'll try to uninstall it and see if i can put anything in them.

Hey, i know that cupboard, it looks familiar.

The game thinks that its just a wall, there are a few of cupboards like this in the game, and the person who was copying it may have copied the inaccessible one. There is just no way to put things into this cupboard, i think you should be able to edit it in CS.

Thanks for the info!

Well I've been doing a bit of digging in the CS.

In the Imperial Furniture mod, when I FINALLY found it since it was away from most of the other inventory, it's labeled "UmbecanoDisplayCase" (the name is still Fine Cupboard). Sooo.. next I found an old modder's resource called "UCFurniture Packs 1 and 2" which also mentions including "Umbecano's large display cabinet". Hmm, in the game there is a quest to get some stuff for UMBACANO to display in his collection, so LOW and BEHOLD:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/oblivion/images/thumb/b/b0/UmbacanoManor.jpg/800px-UmbacanoManor.jpg

Now what are the chances that the modder for Imperial Furniture would just happen to mis-spell Umbacano's name just like the person who provided the furniture pack resource did? Probably nil.

Since I put this quest off when I first had the opportunity to do it, I haven't seen Umbacano's case filled. Not only that, but with all the trouble I have filling a display I'd like to know how he can get it done, what if it's a magically textured-only filled case at quest completion? Now I'm really curious to have a go at that quest. I want to see if I can take the collectibles out of it once they're in it. hmm.

I wish I could understand how to change the collision of the case, and also how to tweak the scripts in the Imp furniture inventory. The fireplaces are great because they allow you to move back, and the tapestries allow you to go up and down and back and forth. Why can't all the large items be scripted the same way, they can be very aggravating to have to do in-game but that would be useful. Plus I'd love to tweak the store's inventory with some new items like Xiamara's chair sets:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/9165-3-1196275160.jpg

• 1 year later...

I've actually been able to place shields in these cases, with varying degrees of success, using the decorator assistant mod. I first used the mod to position the shields to be perfectly flush with the outside of the case using the rotation tool, then grabbed them and basically just tried shoving them in THROUGH the glass in the front (which is closed at the time). Sometimes they slipped through the glass, and rested on the shelf behind. If I was lucky enough for this to happen, I then applied the permanent position lock to the object.

Good luck getting it to work for you ^^

I have used the cases in Glenvar and they worked fine. In fact I have duplicated them and added several more in the display area. I used both the z key and decorator assistant for various objects.

Here is an example

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/bben46/Oblivion/ArmoryCase.jpg

i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/bben46/Oblivion/ArmoryCase.jpg