Tips for detecting conflicts?

Nimarus

Got any tips on detecting conflicts between different mods? Is there a way via SSEEdit, Loot, etc.? One problem I run into is two different mods changing textures for vampires and giving them black face. Right now, I'm having the same problem with 2 different mods changing the facial textures for children (Using RSSE Children Overhaul at the moment). So, that one boy in Solitude has white boy body with black boy face. :confused:

So, I'm wondering if the more experienced members here know of any better way to determine the problem besides disabling mods one by one?

That's a difficult one. Of course you can use SSEEdit and use "filter for conflicts", you can use "show conflict loosers" etc. There are also some tutorials on this. The thing people usually don't tell you is, that SSEEdit will probably show you a ton of conflicts - and that YOU will have to decide, which ones are real "conflicts" and which ones are intended overwrites by mods working as they should... TBH, I was never good at making sense of the infos SSEEdit gave me.

Since you already have an idea, which mods seem to have conflicts, I'd try a different approach. Use a tool named "Mator Smash" ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90987 ). Don't worry that it's on the "Oldrim" pages - it also works for SSE and even Fallout 4.

Before using "Mator Smash", establish your load order. Pay attention to the mods you suspect to conflict. Put the one of which you want to carry the changes over BELOW / AFTER other possibly conflicting mods. E.g. If you want to use RS Children, but want a different mod to change some of Skyrim's children, put this mod BELOW / AFTER RS Children in your load order.

Once you got your load order, use "Mator Smash" to create a "smashed patch". "Mator Smash" was developed to create conflict resolution patches and from my experience, it is really good at this. In my game, it even managed to get several (partially conflicting) NPC replacers and "immersive weapons", which distributes weapons to a lot of Skyrim's inhabitants, to work together. Give it a try.