Small Problem with Force Speak

Billtcm

(Sorry, just realized this should have been in 'mod troubleshooting')

Hey everyone, I'm having a small issue with having an NPC force speak with the player. I've used both 'trigger primitives' and an ai package in order to start the conversation. Both have been able to initiate, but my view only zooms in quickly and then immediately out taking me out of the conversation. I've taken a look at numerous other mods that have the effect I want including the vanilla content itself and have done everything exactly as it should be.

I know I'm missing one small thing and it's probably messing it all up, I've included images below of both my AI package along with the quest dialogue that it initiates. I have no other data in the rest of the tabs for my ai package, it's solely in the dialogue tab and that's all.

http://i.imgur.com/M86TC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7nF6u.jpg

If anyone could help that would be amazing, I hate when these 'small' problems seem to the ones that always stop me in my tracks. Thanks!

Edited by Billtcm

I think you need to use the greeting topic for player/npc conversations. It also mentions a bug with this package type on the wiki which you should be aware of in case it becomes relevant.

Bugs

The Fallout: New Vegas GECK exhibits a critical bug when handling Dialogue Packages. Although it is possible to create a working Dialogue Package which uses a Trigger Location, the data will only remain intact when the ESP file is initially saved. Any further modifications to the ESP file, including modifications made to records other than the Dialogue Package, will remove the Trigger Location field entirely.

Hmmmm, I changed it to the Greeting topic and it worked but it goes to the default 'what do you need' with only goodbye as an option. Is there a work around to get to my topic or should I just try to work a script into the trigger box?(Which I've done but with the same result :/)

Make sure the quest is actually running. You don't have to use the GREETING. It's looks like it should work. The only reason I can think of why it isn't, is either the assintroquest is not running, or the conditions on the quest and/or the conditions on the topic are wrong.

Make sure the quest is actually running. You don't have to use the GREETING. It's looks like it should work. The only reason I can think of why it isn't, is either the assintroquest is not running, or the conditions on the quest and/or the conditions on the topic are wrong.

Yup lol, you're completely right. 'start game enabled' wasn't ticked on so it wasn't registering the dialogue....oh dear god I hate the GECK sometimes. Thanks rickerhk, and b3w4r3 I really appreciate the help!...and off I go...I'll soon be back I'm sure.

I think you need to use the greeting topic for player/npc conversations. It also mentions a bug with this package type on the wiki which you should be aware of in case it becomes relevant.

Bugs

The Fallout: New Vegas GECK exhibits a critical bug when handling Dialogue Packages. Although it is possible to create a working Dialogue Package which uses a Trigger Location, the data will only remain intact when the ESP file is initially saved. Any further modifications to the ESP file, including modifications made to records other than the Dialogue Package, will remove the Trigger Location field entirely.

I've never experienced this bug. I use the Powerup GECK, so it may have fixed it but I'm unclear.

Bugs

Actually, i've found that it is the later versions of FNVEdit that strips off the Trigger Location subrecord when you save the plugin with it. I've reverted to 3.0.15 to avoid that. But 3.0.15 has other issues - like always wanting to edit a couple of the DLCs.