Missing texture for bullet shells coming out from the gun.

I know this topic is familiar from my revolver issues, but now I realized! Textures for the shells are missing, it must've been mods that alter textures, or I made something wrong. If it's my load order, it may likely be not as I am talking about textures. I can see the shells when near very bright light in McCredie's tent when I fire a gun. I need the original textures please. And they look like ghost shells, only to see them on light in McCredie's tent at Camp Golf.

"Ghost shells" is a little vague. (Yes, that is a pun :devil: .) Sounds like they are missing the "normal map" or "alpha channel". (See the "Glossary" of the TESTG site if the term is unfamiliar to you.)

Because "Texture/Mesh" replacement mods replace vanilla versions of those files, you absolutely have to toggle "ArchiveInvalidation" off-and-then-on again after installing or removing one of them so it recognizes that there are loose files (added by the mod) which have to be used in place of the vanilla files in the BSA files or are no longer there and the BSA files should be used instead. That failure to toggle is the most common reason behind most "not working problems". This is usually evidenced by red "!" icon for missing meshes, and solid colors for missing textures. Please see the 'ArchiveInvalidation (by Manager)' section and also see the 'Checklist Item #15 & 16' entries in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

The only other reasons for mods to have these "missing element" error indications are that you failed to install all the necessary files (such as an ESM or BSA file), or they aren't in the correct location.

In the case of (for example) "Weapon Retexture Project" (WRP), the package has a "non-standard" folder structure. (Not an uncommon mistake by mod authors, so learn from this.) The game (to include most mod managers like NMM, MO, and FOMM) is expecting the top level folder of an archive package to be standardized, folder names such as "Textures" or "Meshes", or ESM/ESP/BSA files. It assumes they are being placed under the game "Data" folder. This example package starts with a "RLS" folder, which the game does not recognize, and so it places that as the "top level" under "Data". (Sometimes this is the author's name or initials, other times it's the mod name and version, but anything unexpected is treated the same way: as a new folder or file.) Most likely when the files are "installed" but aren't found correctly, something similar to this is your problem. Unpack the mod archive (WRP in this instance) to some other location and then either rebuild the archive so the top level folders are "Textures" and "Meshes" (in other words, without the "RLS" folder from WRP at all), and then install with your mod manager, or manually drag those two folders into the game "Data" folder.

The text file under the WRP "RLS" folder is a documentation file. If you want to keep similar in the package, just place it in the top level along with the "Meshes" and "Textures" folders. Personally, I rename such to "<mod_name>_ReadMe.txt" so I know which package they came from. (Many author's act as if their mod's text file is the only one that might possibly exist in the same location or use the same common name (i.e. "Readme.txt").)

-Dubious-

I see this solution, but I do have WRP and made few corrections, but nothing has happened but weapons were retextured. As you can see, I have some mods that alter bullet shells, EVE, IMPACT, and CaliberX. Those three might be the ones I'm suspicious of, let me get this straight, shells that eject are like 15% about to disappear like into dust, but I can see them during day and night, I don't see those old red "!" Marks but already shells disappearing and I can hear them bounce off of the ground. I'm not trying to make my game ARMA, but when it's the guns or the bullets, that's where I focus on fixing. Edited by celestevasquez87

I use IMPACT and CaliberX and don't have that issue. (But will admit I don't pay attention to shell casings, as I play a sniper as scopes mask the shell ejection.) EVE should not normally be involved with "shell casings" as it is only "energy weapon" related.

The "normal" and "alpha channels" are component parts of the "texture files". But I believe in this case we are talking about the "projectile" textures rather than the "weapon" textures.

The mod "Permanent Weapon Shells" says the vanilla values (with "setting variable" coming from the FO4 version of the mod) affecting "shell casing" are:

Duration (fGunShellLifetime:) - 5 seconds (how long it lasts before it disappear from the ground.)
Visible Range (fGunShellCameraDistance:) - 512 units (the maximum range when you can see shells, shown in units (21.3 units are 1 foot, 64 units are 1 yard, 70 units are 1 meter, etc.))
Amount (iDebrisMaxCount:) - 25 shells (the number of max amount of shells on the ground, if you pass the limit the previous shells will start to disappear.)

The mod provides 5 different sets of adjustments to those values. Even if you don't care for the mod, it may provide some insights.

You might also find the mod "2k Brass - Shell Casings Retexture for CaliberX" of interest.

-Dubious-

Hmm, thanks for the nice mods, but I'd likely have the original and vanilla bullet casings, I promise I won't make this mistake anymore, as soon as I can find this file for Fallout New Vegas somewhere like in MediaFire if one has a link saved. I have to look carefully for the next mods that alter these textures...

P.S you're a sniper? ;) I'm a heavy gunner with an M249 Hacksaw from jtucker! xD. I might try playing sniper too as soon as I finish NVB 2. Man, I love jtucker's LMGS, I am always looking for a M240, IWI Negev, and the Pecheneg! Hope somebody has made it for them LMG hearted enthusiasts!